Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I got the mav out after it's been sitting for awhile couldn't take it anymore. Lol I put about 10 miles on going down the back roads here, had to use 4 wheel drive. The roads are snow covered. It would just spin the tires in 2wd. It worked way better in 4wd. It was freezing but it wasn't to bad with windshield it's 12deg here right now. It ran good with the 30's on it. It stills pulls hard when I got on dry pavement I think I'll like the new motoclaws. Felt good to get the beast out. I'm sure I'll do it again tomorrow or something.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
You guys in the NE need to thaw out.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You guys in the NE need to thaw out.
Shit your telling me we haven't had a winter this cold ever and haven't had so much snow since 1978. Three yrs ago it was 80 degrees in March and didn't see more than 4 inches of snow. This yr were pushing 90 inches so far.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I feel your pain. Im up in northern BC, It was -47 with the wind yesterday. Ive got a bunch of parts sitting and waiting to be installed, and its driving me nuts! Cant wait for summer...

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I feel your pain. Im up in northern BC, It was -47 with the wind yesterday. Ive got a bunch of parts sitting and waiting to be installed, and its driving me nuts! Cant wait for summer...
Ya it sucks that's for sure. Spring can't come fast enough

·
Registered
367 Posts
You guys are making want to put a coat on, but wait, if I do I will for shure start sweating. It's almost 70, I have shorts and tank top on and I got sunburned while working on my Mav today. Hahaha sorry had to rub it in. Life is good in Las Vegas!

Reactions: BigShow

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Hey Cholber1,

Did your battery start the Mav ok?

Mine has been sitting for months too. I still have quite a few parts to install yet. I've been snowmobiling so I have had no time to do anything to the Maverick.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey Cholber1,

Did your battery start the Mav ok?

Mine has been sitting for months too. I still have quite a few parts to install yet. I've been snowmobiling so I have had no time to do anything to the Maverick.
Ya she started right up. I was surprised. Ya I've been snowmobiling alot also. And working on wife's sled. I just got the bug and ripped it up a little it was fun. How is your street legal kit going. I have the temp plate just waiting on state to bring my title and affix the new vin.

Chris

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You guys are making want to put a coat on, but wait, if I do I will for shure start sweating. It's almost 70, I have shorts and tank top on and I got sunburned while working on my Mav today. Hahaha sorry had to rub it in. Life is good in Las Vegas!
Whatever! Lol

·
Registered
2,963 Posts

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Ya she started right up. I was surprised. Ya I've been snowmobiling alot also. And working on wife's sled. I just got the bug and ripped it up a little it was fun. How is your street legal kit going. I have the temp plate just waiting on state to bring my title and affix the new vin.

Chris
Well I still have not purchased the turn signal kit yet but I have everything else to make it legal with the exception of the tires also. That stupid bill about making UTV illegal to be street legal has me hesitant about investing anymore accessories for street legal purposes. Although I still will probably buy the turn signal kit just because there are some places like St. Helens that allow riding of UTVs on the street.

I will probably do one more snowmobile trip and call it quits. Starting investing my time on the Maverick. I still got a shit load of accessories to install.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I still have not purchased the turn signal kit yet but I have everything else to make it legal with the exception of the tires also. That stupid bill about making UTV illegal to be street legal has me hesitant about investing anymore accessories for street legal purposes. Although I still will probably buy the turn signal kit just because there are some places like St. Helens that allow riding of UTVs on the street.

I will probably do one more snowmobile trip and call it quits. Starting investing my time on the Maverick. I still got a shit load of accessories to install.
Looks like maybe that may get nixed. Rep Daley said that it's back at the transportation committee. The sb491 is and they are looking at letting the ins companies regulate it. There was something about a usage fee I'm not sure what that is yet or even who will be collecting on that whether it would be the state or ins companies. But it's looking better as of right now. I think they may have been bombarded with complaints about the bill cause it's all over rzrforums.net and all the other sxs sites. So the word has gotten out to us sxs guys. Let's hope for the best.

·
Registered
124 Posts

Basically every county north of Midland County will let you ride anywhere minus roads that start with M, US or I. You are supposed to stay at 25 mph and on the shoulder although I typically run 60 down the center. My bro has a commander and we go on 80-100 mile rides a couple times a month leaving from my dads in Gladwin County.

If you title it as a car you will be bound by traffic laws just like a passenger vehicle… You still kind of are now but there are loop holes if its still a "UTV" vs a road legal, titled vehicle. Food for thought.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts