Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked it up last night and got to take it out today for the first time.
WOW!!!!
This is my first sxs... I'm very impressed so far. I was amazed at the ease this thing climbs hills that we would have all kinds of trouble with in our trucks. And the mud...pshh it ate the mud up.
I'm hooked that's for sure.
Had to cut the time shirt though..step daughter was cold and wet and she was ready to go...lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha....welcome to the addiction! you think it is fun now, wait until the weather turns nice in a few months and you can really get out and enjoy it....

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Glad to hear welcome !

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
haha....do some reading and you will see all of the things you need to do to make the Maverick more reliable and safe and then the sky is the limit when it comes to upgrades...

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
haha....do some reading and you will see all of the things you need to do to make the Maverick more reliable and safe and then the sky is the limit when it comes to upgrades...
Yeah I already read about tie for ends and sport low. After being in the mud today I can see at least a half windshield, roof, and the net thing for behind the seats.
I'm not gonna be doing any real hard riding...mainly just playing around with the wife and kids.
Might look into upgrading the seats and seat belts, gonna see how well the stock ones hold me down when I do go riding for an entire day.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I can tell you that with a roof, doors, half windshield and the rear net you STILL get muddy and wet, but that's part of the fun! Definately a "goggles required" type of machine since Mavericks have no splash protection what so ever.

But they are a blast and congrats!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Glad you are having fun! This is a great place for friends and information...!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah everyone seems to be pretty helpful. Im gonna ride it for a few before I start messing with shock settings, just to see what I will like/dislike. This is my first sxs so I'm not really sure what works best. Mainly bought it to have fun...I know I'm not gonna race or anything. I mainly bought the can am because I did tons of research, I liked the build quality, the looks of it, and the price.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts