Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've got the stm 16 paddle 26-12 rear tires running 8.5 psi. I've got the rage 6 with a 45 helix and the gold spring in the secondary. I've got exhaust and intake done. In low I'm at 8050 rpms flat out. In high I'm only at 7200 flat out. Do I need to stagger cut the paddles?

·
Registered
671 Posts
I had the STM's and got rid of them. They are just too much tire. They rob a ton of horsepower.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Have you tried more air pressure? It might help. Try about 12 psi. And then try10. Also try 6. The stagger and shaved ones are a lot faster then the non staggered/shaved ones. At least on the xp's that I've raced.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
YES to much paddle

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
use a hot knife

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
831 Posts
You should run ur car with big horns on the dirt to verify ur clutch setup first then report ur rpms. 7200 rpms are much too low but the stu I suspect is not the sole reason. Btw the tire dunes well but you will lose speed and acceleration

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
way too much paddle. Trim off every other paddle and make them 8 paddles. I did that on a set of STU's i had for my RZR1. Search on youtube for my video.

I also just ordered 26x12.5x12 7 paddle Skat Tracks to replace my 8 paddle skats i grooved.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I run the STU also but mine are the staggered 80/20 cut. However, like Glamisfan said add some air pressure so they will spin more. It should make a big difference in sticky sand.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Sand dictates best air pressure to use , so keep testing until you get it where you like it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Ok I'm gonna up the pressure to 14 or so. It's REALLY tacky��
Yeah I saw the brown sand in your other picture. It may better to run your stock knobbys.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The stockers are back at home north of Sacramento
oooops!!
Dont worry the sand will be drying out as the week goes along with all the traffic it will be getting. I think it just rained out there,so it dry out

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When you groove it, it has to be pretty precise because if you aren't proportional with your cuts won't it throw the tire out of balance?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
1 - 20 of 34 Posts