Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The first time I dropped the hammer on pavement it lurched to the left and just driving normal it wanted to pull to the right.I found the tire pressures off so that fixed the left/lurch part but still wants to pull slightly to the right under normal driving.I suppose I need to fine tune align.I'm a sledder from way back and one thing I know is that you need to toe out the skis or your sled will dart all over the place if you don't.I did a search and see PoPo. recommends toe out on the front wheels makes sense so that's what I'm going to do four the fronts.Just came back from checking the toe it seems all four are toed out but its hard to get a good reading.Heres a pic of how I did it. The pic isn't that accurate,there must be a better way.BRP says rear should be straight,no toe right? level.JPG

·
Registered
109 Posts
Look in the owners manual I think somewhere it tells you how much toe in is required.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll buy a shop manual too to see how to do this stuff.I'm probably worrying about this for nothing,only has 25 miles on it.Sure get a lot of compliments on it.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
u wanna do the toe u need to measure from the center of the tire on the back side to other tire exact same spot on both tires , then measure the front tires from center to center u want them toe-in 1/8 !

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jeezuz martha, toed out a whole inch.I'm going to recheck it.How do I go about adj. it,measure off what?Thanks.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Checked it again and looks to be the same,48 3/4 both sides.
Hard to get an accurate measurement by myself.Thanks for the reply.It goes straight enough for now just need to pile some more miles on her.Tomorrow i'm going to buy 4' of quarter inch all thread and a threaded coupling and get accurate Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
awesome no prob !

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
nope just the tie rods screw in or out for toe

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Got it now.When I remove that tie-rod bolt will it come out easy or will I need a special tool?It looks beefier than a tie rod on a sled like a ball-joint or something.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
couple wrenches u bet set ! its easy

ur not talking bout the ball joint going thru the spindle r u ? u don't need to touch that

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Those 2 brass nuts?I'm not picturing how to turn it a turn.One is close to the cvt joint and the other close to the wheel.
yup get a wrench on the brass nuts crack them loose and spin them out of the way a lil and then put a wrench on the tie rod and spin it the direction u need the wheel to turn ,

u don't need to remove anything

·
Registered
4,536 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Benzo, both ends are threaded the same? Don't you have to spin the ball joint too? That's what I had to do. I think. LOL

1 - 20 of 56 Posts