Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
previously posted i was going with 16" wheels... i have now taken most of your suggestions and decided to only go to a 14"... looking to get your opinion on new tires... i have a new maverick xrs. im looking for a great all around tire! im sure the big horn 2.0's that came on it are fine, but i like to be different. im contemplating going to 14" wheels, and therefore will be putting on new rubber. im EXTREMELY new to this entire sport, so my knowledge is extremely limited!!! i will be riding in every type of terrain in the oklahoma region, and will consist of: sand, dirt, mud, hard pack and more... i plan more on recreational riding, but do like to get a little risky at times! ive looked at so many different reviews and forums, but am more confused now than before. im now confusing myself by trying to look at tire weight, size, tread pattern and things i have no clue about! what would your suggestion be with the information ive provided? i was looking real hard at the efx motomtc tires. been told to go with the outlaw radials in 30", also pittbull rocker and growler (just not sure because of the weight of these and what people say about how heavy they are!)... just looking for an honest opinion from the real tire guys
thanks!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I run the super atv dominators. They have been a good tire. If I was to buy new tires I would go with the 8 ply gbc mongrels or sti roctanes. Just my two cents.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have the ITP Bajacross on my old 800 RZR and love them for the desert. Super tough tire but weigh a ton. Although they are heavy it still isn't an issue, even with the low hp RZR. Maybe if you were looking for flotation in creeks and such... Don't know. I see more sand and dirt than water!

·
Registered
468 Posts
Mudlites are a good all around tire. Outlaw radials are also very good and really smooth on hard pack. They also pull hard in the mud as well. Power steering will likely be an upgrade you will want to do if u choose the outlaw radials because they are a more square tire and have alot of tread touching the ground at once. Thats what makes them smooth but can also be harder to steer without power steering. ITP 589 is also a pretty good all around tire. Not sure if they make em in 14" though.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mudlites are a good all around tire. Outlaw radials are also very good and really smooth on hard pack. They also pull hard in the mud as well. Power steering will likely be an upgrade you will want to do if u choose the outlaw radials because they are a more square tire and have alot of tread touching the ground at once. Thats what makes them smooth but can also be harder to steer without power steering. ITP 589 is also a pretty good all around tire. Not sure if they make em in 14" though.
I have already ordered my super atv power steering kit, if that makes a diff on anyones opinioin!

·
Vendor
6,221 Posts
I like the original bighorns and the GBC dirt commanders. For a all around east coast tire those are tough to beat. That's was everyone in my series runs with

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Regular bighorns are the only way, tried mudlites but they are not lite. Constantly replacing wheel bearings and axles. Plus bighorns can be swapped to the other sides for fresh traction, my opinion

1 - 9 of 9 Posts