Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 xrs currently has 32" fuel 10 plys and I am stuck only having time to ride on my 10 acres around my house. I was wondering what tire pressure I should be running. The terrain is rocky rutted manzanita covered soil. I was thinking of putting the stock 30" bighorns back on to soften the stock suspension until I have the cash for shock work. Is there a thread about tires and recommended pressures ?

·
Premium Member
9,124 Posts
The manual tells you how much the stock Big Horns should be at. I don't remember off the top of my head, but I think it was 18 psi? Check though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Shock Therapy has a promotion on valving for the month of July!

·
Premium Member
6,480 Posts
I never run more than 10 psi unless I am doing street and even then only 12 or 15. You can run down to 6 or 8 psi when trail riding and 4 to 6 if rock crawling assuming you have bead locks. 10 is what I run if doing fast desert riding. 18 make s a stiff ride. Tim

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
Bighrons need more air to keep from blowing their weak sidewalls. Even then better cary a spare. With a good quality 8-ply really no reason to go more than 10psi or so unless running pavement

1 - 8 of 8 Posts