Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to decide between 26" or 28" tires. If i use 26" will i lose top speed? if i use 28" will it pull to 75+? any thought's?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the stock 27'' is really a 26'' !

·
Registered
223 Posts
Not really, if you measure, it is 27", however the normal 26" maxxis bighorn 2.0 actually measures the same as our 27". So it's the same tire that is 27" physical and sold by maxxis as a 26".

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
mine measure barley 26'' - maybe u have 50 psi in them

this is a 25'' smoothie

25'' smoothie.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Depends on the type of riding your going to do. Different tire sizes will perform differently depending on the terrain and riding style. Fast wide open running will be different than slow trail riding or duning.
Also your clutching could be effected when you change your tire size.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
been looking at sedona rip saw tires.. Should work well where i ride. they are only available in 26 on 12" rim 27 on 14" rim. I figure going to a 26 would be easier on the clutch, but i don't want to lose any top speed. So if the 27 is close to the 26, i'll give them a try.

·
Registered
292 Posts
I don't know what they measure but a 26 bighorn is taller than a 27 bighorn 2. I had my buddy pull his 900xp beside my mav and the bighorn was at least 1/2 inch taller and the rear was even more. My understanding is the bighorn 2 that comes on the mav is the same tire as the bighorn 2 that is 26". They just put 27 on them for can am so people think they have to buy the oem from them.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If your comparing the OG bighorn to the 2.0 version is not a apples to apples. The OG has much bigger & taller lugs and it is also a lot heavier tire so it take more hp to keep it spinning.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
CORRECT

our maverick tires are NOT REAL 27'' tires

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had ripsaws on my last wheeler hated them thought tthey would ride a lot smoother than they did and had to replace a new one because the front end shook so bad.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I had ripsaws on my last wheeler hated them thought tthey would ride a lot smoother than they did and had to replace a new one because the front end shook so bad.
Hate to hear that. Just can't find anything else i like,looking for a good gncc. tire, any suggestions?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts