Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just got mine out of the shop, 2 months... 3rd dealer to work on the "Problem". Seems finally fixed, long story. FINALLY got the new CanAm 14x7 wheels, Terrabite 30x10R14 tires installed. All's well so far. GPS speed is 3 mph above speedometer.
20201003_153904.jpg
20201003_153927.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport Max
5 Posts
Just got mine out of the shop, 2 months... 3rd dealer to work on the "Problem". Seems finally fixed, long story. FINALLY got the new CanAm 14x7 wheels, Terrabite 30x10R14 tires installed. All's well so far. GPS speed is 3 mph above speedometer.
View attachment 261067 View attachment 261068
Hope to pick up our 2021 Sport Max next week. We too are looking at putting 30x10x14's all the way around. What wheel offset did you go with? We would like to stay as close to stock width (60 in), as we have a lot of trails with width restrictions. In other places I have read both 4+3 and 5+2. Thank you.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Congrats on your new ride!

No offset necessary for my wheels. Stock narrow CanAm wheels all the way around. Good fit and clearance. The 14” wheels are front standard equipment for a Maverick X3, so my lug bolts are undersized but centered.

I am very happy with the rig.

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport Max
5 Posts
Thank you all for the info. Going with a 6+1 appears to reduce the after market options significantly. With the width the large amount of width restrictions where we would like to ride I think its the best option.

·
Registered
2020 Maverick Sport Max
15 Posts
I now have 1000 miles running 5+2 offset with 28x10x14 on all four corners. FWIW, we ran 600 miles stock set-up. The extra width of the machine is negligible BUT the increased stability of the wheel track does improve confidence in the corners and uneven terrain. I considered 30's and may go that route when the 28's are spent. On my GPS and seat of pantsometer, we lost 3 mph topend and some midrange "snappiness" and a bit from the dig. I

I vote 5+2 and your choice of tires, we love our Maxx.

·
Registered
2021 Maverick Sport Max
5 Posts
Thank you all for the info. It appears 5+2 is the most popular choice. We were looking at staying stock so we could still use the 60 inch trails. But everyone says the 5+2 improves the stability. Our ride will be ready to pick up tomorrow or Thursday. Going to try an get a couple days in on the stock tires/wheels, before it starts snowing this Sunday. Really appreciate all the information..

We are looking at Tusk Teton 14 in beadlock wheels, gun metal gray/black and 30 x10R-14 GBC Kanati Mongrel Radials. 30 inch tires seems to be the most popular. I have seen a couple 28's and 32's though.

Nice looking rides. Love the orange on black. Wish that was an option this year.

·
Registered
65 Posts
No complaints on my tusk nebo beedlocks coming from regular rims that always seem to get dirt in the beed. Just torque to spec.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts