Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a maverick sport 1000R. What’s the largest tire I can put on without having to worry about clutching or lack of performance? Was thinking 29s but want to hear from those that have switched.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
I have 32x10x14 terrabites on my 2019 Sport XRC. with no front sway bar and zero rubbing. Look at the size and height difference compared to the Talon. Talon has 28 inch tires. View attachment 257132
that looks ALOT like WV, where was that pic taken? i grew up in WV, live in TX now. just got back from HMT and ready to go back.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The XRC and XMR comes with 30s so that's for sure a safe option.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
The XRC and XMR are 64" machines vs 60" on the regular Sport. That extra width helps avoid rubbing with larger tires. I'm not saying 30s, 32s etc. won't fit a regular Sport, just making sure everybody reading this understands that there is a difference. A buddy has 34s on his XRC with no issues. Well....other than the fact that he's the "rescue" machine when others get stuck. 🤣

·
Registered
7 Posts
XMR is also geared lower, or so I've heard.

I have a '19 Sport Max and run 32x10R15 Maxxis Carnivores on 4+3 offset rims. I can barely make them rub the plastic footwells. I believe 5+2 rims would solve that problem. The Carnivores run just a hair bigger than the Tusk Terrabites.

Performance is fine for trails. For really nasty rock crawling, I'd want a clutch kit. But you could get by with stock.

Jared

·
Registered
61 Posts
XMR is also geared lower, or so I've heard.

I have a '19 Sport Max and run 32x10R15 Maxxis Carnivores on 4+3 offset rims. I can barely make them rub the plastic footwells. I believe 5+2 rims would solve that problem. The Carnivores run just a hair bigger than the Tusk Terrabites.

Performance is fine for trails. For really nasty rock crawling, I'd want a clutch kit. But you could get by with stock.

Jared
I know the Max machines have Fox 2.5 shocks does it also have arched a arms.?

Most guys and run 30-32 no problem on the Max machines.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
357 Posts
It’s War WV off Pinnacle trail.
We go 3-5 times a year.
very nice! just got back from hmt. stayed at wvatvrentals just above ashland. great place! rick is super cool. wish it didn't take me 22 hours to get there.

i got the xmr, it is geared really low, which i love.

·
Registered
61 Posts
We have the Sport Max 1000R
Quickly upgraded to 30” tires on 14” wheels

Noticed a little loss of hole shot, but now it’s normal. The extra ground clearance is worth any minor power loss.

There is easily clearance for 32” with out mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
40 Posts
We have the Sport Max 1000R
Quickly upgraded to 30” tires on 14” wheels

Noticed a little loss of hole shot, but now it’s normal. The extra ground clearance is worth any minor power loss.

There is easily clearance for 32” with out mods

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Same machine, I'm in the process of adding 14" wheels (stock from X3), and 30x10R14 Terrabite tires. 5 tires, decent price and free shipping from Rocky Mt. ATV.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Same machine, I'm in the process of adding 14" wheels (stock from X3), and 30x10R14 Terrabite tires. 5 tires, decent price and free shipping from Rocky Mt. ATV.
That is the size and tire in photo

Really lurking these terrabites

·
Registered
357 Posts
i think the terrabites are a really good all around tire for the price.
20190912_185200.jpg
20190912_185141.jpg

1 - 20 of 34 Posts