Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we are ready to upgrade tire and rim size. 2020 xrs x3 rr
I would like bf goodrich Baja T/a R2K 32 x 9.50 x 15 at front and rear..And as for wheel size I am thinking for sure beadlock method 401
15 x 7... Anybody know of any issues with this set up.? Keep in mind that stock wheels had the front at 9.5 width and rear at at 11.5..

·
Premium Member
10,457 Posts
You should be good to go with that.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I went 32" tires with the Methods, man thought methods are heavy if you go with bead lock. I had my clutch redone and I am glad I did. Performance is better than stock

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
I would like bf goodrich Baja T/a R2K 32 x 9.50 x 15 at front and rear..And as for wheel size I am thinking for sure beadlock method 401
15 x 7... Anybody know of any issues with this set up.? Keep in mind that stock wheels had the front at 9.5 width and rear at at 11.5..
I would shy away from the Method 7" wide wheel. The offset will be a 4+3 which will make the steering feel like crap. You will get a good amount of feed back in the steering wheel and it will exacerbate the bumpsteer. You would be much better off with a 6" wide wheel with a 5+1 off-set or the what Method call the zero off-set wheel. If you want a 7" wide wheel find something that has a 5+2 off-set, which is what I run on my X3 RS.

KMC and Raceline make beadlock and non-beadlock wheels in 15x6 with a 5+1 off-set. You may want to look at those. I do not believe Method has any wheels with a desirable off-set for the X3 RS other than the 401r wheel.

Are you getting the BFG UTV tire or regular truck tire? The BFG KM3 UTV tire is a fantastic tire and weight wise is around 39.5lbs. The truck tire BFGs weigh a lot more.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would shy away from the Method 7" wide wheel. The offset will be a 4+3 which will make the steering feel like crap. You will get a good amount of feed back in the steering wheel and it will exacerbate the bumpsteer. You would be much better off with a 6" wide wheel with a 5+1 off-set or the what Method call the zero off-set wheel. If you want a 7" wide wheel find something that has a 5+2 off-set, which is what I run on my X3 RS.

KMC and Raceline make beadlock and non-beadlock wheels in 15x6 with a 5+1 off-set. You may want to look at those. I do not believe Method has any wheels with a desirable off-set for the X3 RS other than the 401r wheel.

Are you getting the BFG UTV tire or regular truck tire? The BFG KM3 UTV tire is a fantastic tire and weight wise is around 39.5lbs. The truck tire BFGs weigh a lot more.
Thanks for info... I will be going with the bf Goodrich UTV Baja T/A KR2 .. have you heard alot about this model of tire?

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Thanks for info... I will be going with the bf Goodrich UTV Baja T/A KR2 .. have you heard alot about this model of tire?
I believe the KR2 is the 3ply race tire, which is an excellent tire. Many of the UTV racers use that tire.

·
Registered
9,359 Posts
Excellent... Did you mean 8 ply
The description from Rocky Mountain says 3 ply, but that could be a typo. I do not see any other description saying 3 ply.

It is a race tire and not DOT approved.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts