Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How low are you guys running your tire pressure on the Bighorns w/ stock beadlocks? The recommended 18psi minimum is pretty high.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Ive got 13 in mine and I still think that's pretty high. Depends on the terrain im riding in.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I was running 15-17 in mine. They're so soft I think running higher psi is better in those tires to make them a little stiffer. I now have EFX motoclaws and I run 15 in them also.

·
Registered
350 Posts
I run 20 in my zillas. I think my bighorns are at 15. I'll run my evos around that or a bit less (whenever the hell they show up)

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dealer sold it to me with 8 psi in all 4 stock tires (XRS w/beadlocks).
He said that was the best all-round setting, but I just recently pumped it up to 12 psi. I like the extra 1" GC and it feels better (more sporty?) now, easier to get the rears spinning out in turns etc.

I think the original 8 psi was good for grip until I gained a little experience. And it was winter time then too.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I mostly run forest service trails and some rock crawling. That's why I want the lower psi. Ground clearance is always an issue with the Max, tho. That's why I don't want to get too low.

·
Registered
383 Posts
No more than 10 psi on general riding, and I run 2-3psi in the snow on the stock wheels.

·
Registered
5,752 Posts
On my Max I run them Bighorns at 15 to 18 psi for the nasty rocky trails and I have never pinched or punctured a tire yet. in the Cinders or sand about 8 to 10 psi. seems to work awesome.

Reactions: RotorDriver

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
16 psi for trail riding or rock crawling, and 6 psi in the sand.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts