Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am looking at getting larger tires for the maverick trail. I want to go to 28's without increasing the overall width. I am looking at getting rims with an offset of 6.00+1. If i get tires that are an inch wider, it shouldn't increase the overall width right? Also any thoughts on if tires that side with that offset would rub on the wheel well? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
127 Posts
So I am looking at getting larger tires for the maverick trail. I want to go to 28's without increasing the overall width. I am looking at getting rims with an offset of 6.00+1. If i get tires that are an inch wider, it shouldn't increase the overall width right? Also any thoughts on if tires that side with that offset would rub on the wheel well? Thanks in advance
I no longer have my stock set up on so I can’t measure, but I can tell you that I went to 28x10-14 on a 4/3 offset and now sit at 54”. That leads me to believe you’ll stay at 50”. Something tells me that the widest 50” part of the machine isn’t the tires. Maybe from fender to fender? There’s a guy in the wheels and tire forum that did the same on s XXC and I think he stayed the same. Maybe he was in XXC forum. Can’t remember. Take a look at what he said. Post pics!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts