Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don’t the wheel spaces kind of defeat the purpose of going with a 50” ATV? is there a 1” spacer?
Gary,

Yes, 1" spacers are common. You can find 1 1/2" and 2" spacers too. Any modification done is for personal choice. 50" wide is essential for me where I ride. Adding the lift kit and larger wheels, I needed to add some width to offset the change in the center of gravity.

Plus the front wheels rubbed on my MavT in front with the over sized 30" wheels, so I added 1" spacers at first. Still rubbing with 1" spacers, I ordered the 2" spacers and now I have no issues. Yes, my ride is now 56" wide, not 50". I can still get through the restriction gates where I ride. Works for me. Not saying you have to do this but just sharing my modifications and why I did them.

·
Registered
720 Posts
^^^ Adding to what you wrote, I installed 1" spacers at each corner (as did my buddy with his own MavT subsequently) as described and shown starting here. Doing that was combo of need for clearance at the rear in full-droop situations, even while that situation is extreme. Also did so at the front to balance stagger. I bought SuperATV spacers, which have been out of stock since my buddy attempted to order same for his MavT last year. Mine required no alteration whatsoever whereas his bought elsewhere needed slight modification to work with OEM alloy wheels.

No 50" USFS gates adjacent to our home base, however AZ's eastern White Mtns Saffel Cyn Trail iwith multiple narrow cattle guards and gates is easily passable with our now prox 51"/54" track. This trail local to our seasonal basecamp used to be considered 50" class whereas now more like 60". Perhaps carry a measuring tape and check before proceeding whenever in doubt...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks guys. I am new to the SxS world. I have been riding Arctic Cat 2-ups for years so width has never really been a concern...even with wider tires. Just got a ‘20 Trail 1000 and I am really worried about the stock clearance for a Colorado trip in two weeks (Creede, Lake City, Silverman).

·
Registered
720 Posts
^^^ T-G,
NH might have been first to be the "Granite State", however "rocks" aren't unique to the "Rockies" which AZ has more than its fair share of granite and other big rocks at higher elevations where we enjoy OHV activities in jeeps and MavT machines. With marginally adequate ground clearance, I'd highly encourage you start with beefing up skid protection, i.e., adding F/R a-arms and front center and eventually replacing the thin OEM belly skid. I went the OEM accessory option (outlined in above linked mods thread), however there are now other aftermarket accessory products available. With limited time before your planned CO trip, I suggest starting with a-arm and front center skids not already equipped on your MavT and then further upgrade the belly skids when those eventually fracture.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts