Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is I just me, or these things tippy? Maybe im just used to my long travel rhino that was glued to the ground like a brick shit house, but gunned it while turning and ended up on 2 wheels. Crazy! :)

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
its just you bro, I know, I was there to. your sure its about to tip, but it wont, unless of course you get off base. it tips about the same time a rzr would, but the feeling of tipping is there earlier on maverick. I have had one over a great deal before, I was sure I was gone, wheels never left ground. change underwear was required however

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its just you bro, I know, I was there to. your sure its about to tip, but it wont, unless of course you get off base. it tips about the same time a rzr would, but the feeling of tipping is there earlier on maverick. I have had one over a great deal before, I was sure I was gone, wheels never left ground. change underwear was required however[/QUOTE

I think you're right....this is just a whole new experience compared to a rhino. I do love it though.... :)

·
Registered
415 Posts
my rzr 900xp 2013 model was way worse on stock suspension and after the s3 lift. I laid it on the side a few times, have yet to lay the maverick

·
Registered
103 Posts
Is I just me, or these things tippy? Maybe im just used to my long travel rhino that was glued to the ground like a brick shit house, but gunned it while turning and ended up on 2 wheels. Crazy! :)
I have no idea what you are talking about. :saint:
IMG_3734.jpg

·
Registered
363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
103 Posts
This looks oddly familiar.....LOL! :) Dont worry, you can replace all the side panels for around $250! :p
I lucked out. Not a scratch on it!! It tipped at about 2-3 MPH. It literally leaned over. The top of the cage had some dirt marks but even that wiped off. WHEW!!

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Add some 2" wheel spacers on each side and it will stabilize it alot.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Glad all is OK. Where were you riding? Looks like a nice trail.
It's a trail in SoCal called Cleghorn. It's a lot of fun. Lots of rock crawling trails. It's right off the 15 FWY in the Cajon Pass. (San Bernardino)

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's a trail in SoCal called Cleghorn. It's a lot of fun. Lots of rock crawling trails. It's right off the 15 FWY in the Cajon Pass. (San Bernardino)
That looks fun. Done the back side of Silverwood a bunch of times, but never tried Cleghorn.
As for the OP, yea, these things do seem a little tippy. My LT Rhino sits 2 inches wider (outside of tires) but I think its just taking some time to get used to it.
I never feared drifting sideways in my Rhino, will take some time to develop the same feeling with this.

·
Registered
103 Posts
That looks fun. Done the back side of Silverwood a bunch of times, but never tried Cleghorn.
As for the OP, yea, these things do seem a little tippy. My LT Rhino sits 2 inches wider (outside of tires) but I think its just taking some time to get used to it.
I never feared drifting sideways in my Rhino, will take some time to develop the same feeling with this.
There is a Cleghorn exit off the 15. The open to the trail is right as you exit (heading north). It's starts at the 15 and ends at the 138 overlooking Silverwood. It's a perfect shakedown trail or if you are looking for a half day or less ride. Lots of options as far as difficulty goes (tame to very difficult).

·
Registered
153 Posts
Guess it depends on who is behind the wheel. Literally 20 seconds behind the wheel and my wife was able to flip and roll ours. Cage is warped all to hell and back and almost all of the plastic is busted.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Bam, sorry to hear of your accident but you can't leave us hang here. Could you elaborate on the events leading to this?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Thanks and sorry lol.....Had our Max about a month. First time behind the wheel she gets in punches it and cuts the wheel to the left. Before anyone had time to react it grabbed and catapulted itself on to the passenger front corner of the cage then on to the drivers side where it came to rest. All the occupants were ok other than some bruises. I just hope its only cosmetic damage. I really have no idea how strong the frames/chassis really are. I haven't had a chance to take it to the dealership yet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Very glad no major injuries! Thank you for sharing. Good information to have there. That is pretty incredible, would never have guessed that would happen like that.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts