Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2015 Maverick Max 1000R. This past weekend I wrecked into a hole and the machine was setting off camber idling for approximately 2-4 minutes after I was knocked unconscious.
It was not totally on its side but at a weird angle.
When I came to I saw oil starting to drip out of the air intake and noticed "Low Oil Pressure" on the gauge panel. I shut it off. After we pulled the machine out of the hole and tried to restart it. It turned over very slightly and stopped. Now it just clicks when I try to start it. I checked the oil. It reads full. There was about 2 oz spilled from the air intake. When I put it in gear it will not roll. Is my motor locked up? Or is there a sensor or safety switch preventing it from starting or turning over?

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Pull your spark plugs , you might have oil on top of your pistons and the engine is hydro locked
then Id pull the belt cover and turn the engine over by hand to squeez the oil out the spark plug holes dont use started till most of the oil is out ,you dont want to bend your rods

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
It wont turn over or nothing in the cylinders

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Second tip / rollover Member Intro today.

Glad your okay, everything else is fixable.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just dropped it off to my local dealer. I thought maybe clearing the codes or resetting everything may fix it. The tech at the front counter says it is highly unlikely that will be all that is wrong. He thinks it is a much more serious problem. They are checking it out now. I will keep the thread updated.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Good luck hope its not serious

·
Registered
961 Posts
as desertdog said.........always pull your plugs first before restarting!!! If its on its side or if you see oil in the filter/intake area pull the plugs and then try to start the engine/blow all the oil out and reinstall plugs when oil stops shooting out the plug hole......sounds like you may have hydro locked it :(

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE: The dealership service department called and said it was the battery and starter solenoid. $298.00 and I am back on the trails.

Its pretty odd that my starter solenoid failed at that exact momment, but I'm just happy this was the only issue. I've already had it out for a test ride and everything seems fine. It smoked pretty good for the first few miles but after all the oil burned out, its doing great.

·
Premium Member
2,219 Posts
Great news glad everything is ok

1 - 13 of 13 Posts