What, it blew up???

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
4.7 or 5.7 ? or older 5.9 ?

·
Registered
531 Posts
maybe I'm missing some critical information here.....
We pulled our Maverick from OC to Bullhead this last weekend with the Jeep - LOL
Jeep did fine, but you got to rev her up going up the hills.
only reason we took the jeep instead of the F250 6.7 Powerstroke is because we were going jeeping also :)

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
It's an excuse for him to get a real truck. Get a 5.9 cummins with a built auto. You'll never wipe the grin off your face. I'm runnin 38's band towing this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
531 Posts
Clean 5.9's are like 7.3's - getting harder and harder to find.
I'm always keeping my eye out for a 2003 with the 7.3 in it - we used to run the 7.3's over 400K before retiring them.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
maybe I'm missing some critical information here.....
We pulled our Maverick from OC to Bullhead this last weekend with the Jeep - LOL
Jeep did fine, but you got to rev her up going up the hills.
only reason we took the jeep instead of the F250 6.7 Powerstroke is because we were going jeeping also :)
Id love to see a jeep pull a 20ft trailer with two mavericks on it. There'd be jeep gutz all over the highway

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
Clean 5.9's are like 7.3's - getting harder and harder to find.
I'm always keeping my eye out for a 2003 with the 7.3 in it - we used to run the 7.3's over 400K before retiring them.
I have a super sweet 2002 7.3 that I luv and im a chevy guy owned a 05 duramax 06 cummins ho and now 02 7.3 !

and a 04 wrangler unlimited !

22.JPG

·
Registered
531 Posts
The Jeep pulls just fine, much better than the last couple of chevy's I owned......
I suspect the Jeep will go over 100K without needing a new transmission too.
My buddy used to pull his trailer with a Tundra, it would pull the load at about 5,700 rpm - I would pull twice the weight at about 2,000 rpm up the same hill.

·
Registered
527 Posts
to OP How does it pull? Looks like rollin on 35's? What gears you running?? maybe new gear ratio would help a bit!!

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hey sloppy box I get it I have been trying to justify spending the money go get back into a diesel also. Any little reason helps I want one bad but the right side of my brain keeps telling me that I should make do with what I have and save the coin. Lol

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
to OP How does it pull? Looks like rollin on 35's? What gears you running?? maybe new gear ratio would help a bit!!
It pulls fine set my superchip to tow/haul and away I go. Actually running 36" bf km2. With a gear ratio of 396.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts