Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed some time ago that I had Tilt Steering Problems....

The Gas piston will not release with the release knob...
At first it would trip to release then would not go back into the lock mode.

Don't look like anything was loose just looks like the release won't trip
to allow the piston to operate for adjustment.. at all now..

·
Registered
791 Posts
Same think happened to me. Spray it with penetrating fluid and work the heck out of it. Mine free'd up. Now I give it a spray every once and a while, works good since.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
was just going to say...a little wd-40 or some Marvel Mystery oil works wonders.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Lubing worked for me a while. It finally wouldn't work anymore. Got it replaced. It was under warranty and fixed for free.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My lever fell off on mine. Dealer fixed it even when it was out of warranty. I noticed that the 2014 models now come with a rubber boot around the exposed shaft.
My guess is that BRP has known about the problem for a while now. Hopefully this boot will fix the problem.
Addressing problematic issues in a timely manner is what makes BRP such a good company and why they will be successful.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Must be nice My dealer would turn it in as a warranty replacement then charge me retail for it...

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Mine stopped working yesterday. Then I noticed the handle in the floorboard. Got home and removed the cylinder, placed it in the vise and removed the Clevis from the end. The small mushroom plunger was up and down with no resistance. Then it came out altogether. Here's where I messed up, I started bouncing it on the table and revealed a long rod that I guessed pushed the valve. The rod finally came out and I inserted a long torx screwdriver of the same size and gently pushed down...KABOOM!!! That som bitch exploded in my face and oil went everywhere! Luckily it didn't take my head off. I ruined my clothes and took two showers to get that stinky chit off me! Threw it down and went straight in the house and ordered a new one, like I should have done to begin with. Just a fair warning to ya

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I've replaced mine also. All my buddies with manders have changed theirs also. Bad part or engineering on Can-am's part.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
I think I asked for a new one that's for the 14 model year. Don't think there is a difference though. Yea, second one here for me.

·
Registered
2,963 Posts
Mine stopped working yesterday. Then I noticed the handle in the floorboard. Got home and removed the cylinder, placed it in the vise and removed the Clevis from the end. The small mushroom plunger was up and down with no resistance. Then it came out altogether. Here's where I messed up, I started bouncing it on the table and revealed a long rod that I guessed pushed the valve. The rod finally came out and I inserted a long torx screwdriver of the same size and gently pushed down...KABOOM!!! That som bitch exploded in my face and oil went everywhere! Luckily it didn't take my head off. I ruined my clothes and took two showers to get that stinky chit off me! Threw it down and went straight in the house and ordered a new one, like I should have done to begin with. Just a fair warning to ya
LMAO....Been there done that on a shock once, so I'm not laughin at ya...Wait...yes I am...:haha:

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I bet that would have been funny to see happen...

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Hahahaha thanks for not having a big ego and sharing the story with us! I got a really good chuckle out of it because I can totally see myself doing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Just got back from Dallas and guess what was waiting on me when I got home?
I think this time I'll try packing the end with some red and tacky and see if it lasts longer than a year.
Funny thing is that I don't use it hardly ever, maybe that's the problem image.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
locate the part number for the one on the 2014 and up models with the rubber boot on the shaft if you have to order another one.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts