Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the tierods are the same on the Maverick as opposed to the Max? I want to order some better tierods for my Max that I will get next week, but dont know if they are the same. If they are the same, I will have a bunch of options. If they are not, I will have to wait for people to come out with an aftermarket tierod for the max.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Exactly the same I just put my old ones from my 13 Mav next to my wife's 14 max and they were identical

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I was also thinking they will be exactly the same

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Did you look at the ID to see if they increased the wall thickness at all?

That sounds like a rolling disaster on a Max

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Alex I posted a pic on maverick addiction. They are identical. I didn't spec it but they are the same. Remember that it am early 14 and can am changes things up all year around without telling anyone about the changes. So hopefully they will address this issue soon

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Yeah I remembered seeing it on there. But if they changed the wall thickness to make it stronger then the only way you would be able to tell is look inside of both of them side by side. You may have done that and I didn't catch it.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I posted more pics Alex. They have the same thickness and same tie rod ends, again I don't have any od/Id calipers at the house but by looking at them side by side inside and out I'd have to say they are identical

1 - 8 of 8 Posts