Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I am running CT Racing full tie rod setup. he also offers just replacement rods at a cheaper price. Here are a few pics…

Attachments

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I'm going to run a special in October for gussets and tie rods, something like a cheap insurance deal. The things needed to beef up some areas and stay reliable.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1379583636.805577.jpg

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I have these Holz racing ones on mine. These are a quality product.
They seem to be more than strong enough for any hard charging weekend warrior and the price is right.

Reactions: Pnutz

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
turn key just released some rods for 50-60 they said on FB

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Turnkey has rods for 54.95 now

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not to hijack but figured it'd be better then starting a whole new thread on basically the same thing. Are most of you guys going w just the the rods themselves or get the new tie rod ends as well? Is it really worth getting the new new tie rod ends or just using the factory ones?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
main rod sleeve there bending there hallow

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
Not to hijack but figured it'd be better then starting a whole new thread on basically the same thing. Are most of you guys going w just the the rods themselves or get the new tie rod ends as well? Is it really worth getting the new new tie rod ends or just using the factory ones?
Only speaking for myself here. My replacement tie rods for $80 are fine for 80% of the people out there as they'll probably never stress the factory end enough to justify the complete tie rods. The factory tie rod ends will last longer then a rod end regardless of who makes it. On our complete tie rods for $195 now address the bump steer issue (I am the only one that does this) by fixing some of the geometry in the steering but the rod end is a consumable, the average rider will need to replace them once a year but they are bullet proof. A racer that I sponsor flipped 3 times tearing the front right front suspension out of the Maverick and my tie rods where the only thing out of that corner that were reusable, and even if he did damage them I would have sent him new parts as all of MY parts have a lifetime warranty.

By the the way the October sale has started already which includes gussets, tie rods and radius rods. It's on the FB page but Ill have a official thread in my section by Friday.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Only speaking for myself here. My replacement tie rods for $80 are fine for 80% of the people out there as they'll probably never stress the factory end enough to justify the complete tie rods. The factory tie rod ends will last longer then a rod end regardless of who makes it. On our complete tie rods for $195 now address the bump steer issue (I am the only one that does this) by fixing some of the geometry in the steering but the rod end is a consumable, the average rider will need to replace them once a year but they are bullet proof. A racer that I sponsor flipped 3 times tearing the front right front suspension out of the Maverick and my tie rods where the only thing out of that corner that were reusable, and even if he did damage them I would have sent him new parts as all of MY parts have a lifetime warranty.

By the the way the October sale has started already which includes gussets, tie rods and radius rods. It's on the FB page but Ill have a official thread in my section by Friday.
Are you doing red gussets yet? Just picked up a 2014.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
How about the XXC? With the shorter arms, does it use the same tie rods? Can't find a parts diagram online to compare.
im sure its also 2'' shorter as the arms are and travel

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I agree with Alex, most people only need the rod itself without the ends. This is a good example of a stand up guy that's not trying to over sell you just for some money in his pocket. He truly wants his customers to be happy with their purchase and get only what they need for there riding style.

Reactions: AReed
1 - 20 of 23 Posts