Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i'm thinking that I'm going to sale my 14 XRS, and get a rzr 1000 turbo.......... haha JOKE! Really want a Turbo maverick like most people on here want. I'm like 80% dunes/desert and 20% trails here in Utah. I want the turbo XRS and I love the colors and the bumpers that come on it as well. I don't really care for the exhaust or harnesses because I want Dragon fire and EVO exhaust. So do I get the XRS my favorite colors and sale the stuff I dont want to get the parts I want or do I save money (lower payments) and get the base model Turbo and get it custom wrapped? Bead locks don't really matter to me I will have paddles for the dunes and the rear bumper doesn't mean much because I'm not racing. Or keep the maverick I have and never put a foot down in the turbo maverick so I don't know what i am missing. I'm sure when the day comes when I do drive the turbo my maverick will seem boring.

·
Registered
195 Posts
If your 80% dunes/desert you most definately want the Turbo. I think you will be as pleased with the suspension upgrade as with the power increase.

·
Registered
6 Posts
XDS and wrap it, I don't like the factory harnesses, they latch with an automotive type seat belt latch, prefer a good solid four point or preferably five point racing harness, nothing else n it seems worth the extra cash, hmf makes a killer exhaust setup, and beadlocks for your dunes tires

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
XDS and wrap it, I don't like the factory harnesses, they latch with an automotive type seat belt latch, prefer a good solid four point or preferably five point racing harness, nothing else n it seems worth the extra cash, hmf makes a killer exhaust setup, and beadlocks for your dunes tires

I'm going to keep mine and use it a few more times and go to the UTV dune invasion sale it and save up to buy a new one in the spring and build a Razor SLAYER

·
Registered
38 Posts
For what its worth maybe throwing on a turbo kit is more price effective? that'd be my route.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
For what its worth maybe throwing on a turbo kit is more price effective? that'd be my route.
Ya I want the reliability of the factory turbo and I want the suspension of the XDS and straight axles so CV joints will stop going bad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts