Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
I just ordered the Tusk bag too - it looks like it will work out perfect.
I do miss the bed of the Rhino at times.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Just make sure you guys secure them properly. On my ride a few weeks ago. The crappy zip ties I was using kept busting loose. Like Andy said, there is a lot of weight flopping around when you get the bag loaded up. And I think mine weighed close to 100 lbs by the time I got all of my tools and drinks in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
144 Posts
I tried the tusk - here's the truth.... I don't know how you ride but the first day out 1. all the D ring threaded straps completely broke, so don't rough ride with this bag. 2. In rain and many blast through water crossings, expect your items inside to be soaked - unless you use dry bags. 3. If you ride in mud, the zippers are more difficult to open/close. 4. It's ok for pleasure riding on sunny day. Recently saw a really nice hard case at Walmart for $60. Installed and I can't say enough about it- perfect.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I tried the tusk - here's the truth.... I don't know how you ride but the first day out 1. all the D ring threaded straps completely broke, so don't rough ride with this bag. 2. In rain and many blast through water crossings, expect your items inside to be soaked - unless you use dry bags. 3. If you ride in mud, the zippers are more difficult to open/close. 4. It's ok for pleasure riding on sunny day. Recently saw a really nice hard case at Walmart for $60. Installed and I can't say enough about it- perfect.
got pics of the Walmart case ?
I just got my Tusk bag on Friday and will mount it tomorrow. Not much mud or rain around here, so I'm probably good there. I figured on 6 or 8 mounting points with the bag, so should be good on that also.
if it doesn't work out, I'll be looking for a hard case too.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Oh I ride hard. I actually had one strap rip on the center bag rip on me too they are sending out a replacement. I used tie downs on every strap they have in the bag. If this one doesn't work, not sure what I'm gonna do. My stuff was definitely dry with the dry bag though. Would like to see what bag your working with.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
The tusk is practical for a lot of ya, but sadly I deal with a lot of water and mud...like it or not (I don't) and that is not going to work. I've been looking for something I know is going to keep the water and mud out....so if anyone has an ace up their sleeves I am all ears. I don't care where it's from.

·
Registered
144 Posts
got pics of the Walmart case ?
I just got my Tusk bag on Friday and will mount it tomorrow. Not much mud or rain around here, so I'm probably good there. I figured on 6 or 8 mounting points with the bag, so should be good on that also.
if it doesn't work out, I'll be looking for a hard case too.
Don't know name- got it in Hazard Ky Walmart. There are several off road parks in this area. Checked the walmart near me- no hard cases.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Can you snap a pic of it for us?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
We'll I got my box today it's real nice and is real sturdy. It's fits perfect and does have rubber seal on lid to keep dust and water out. Her are a few pics

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
That's great, I searched on rocky mountain ATV and could not find it. Could you link it please? How are you going to secure it...and how sturdy do you think it will be?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
It seems real sturdy to me it don't flex like the kolpin box. It's a pretty sturdy box. I think this is a yamaha atv accessory but doesn't say yamaha anywhere on it.

·
Registered
539 Posts
damn, that looks really nice.
I'm going to run my tusk bag till it falls apart or falls off - LOL
then I'll go this way.
thanks for posting the pics.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I mounted up a Pelican 1740 case and found a cooler that fits perfect inside.

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Rumrunner - how did you mount the box? Love the box, but I would hate to drill holes in a $300 watertight box to mount it in the Maverick.

·
Registered
59 Posts
was thinking doing same with pelican case, id also like to know how you mounted it. i was just gonna strap mine down.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just drilled 4 holes in the case and ran 4 bolts down through the holes of the rear rack and put big washers on the other side. I put a little silicone on the bolts to keep any water from leaking in. Also, the case comes with wheels but I took them off with 4 bolts. I knew I wanted the case permanently fixed and planned on keeping it on the vehicle so it wasn't too terrible for me to put a couple holes through it.

·
Registered
546 Posts
uploadfromtaptalk1403266998096.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
It seems real sturdy to me it don't flex like the kolpin box. It's a pretty sturdy box. I think this is a yamaha atv accessory but doesn't say yamaha anywhere on it.
Hey cholber1, are you still happy with the box?? I have spent waaayy too much time researching this stupid storage solution thing and I just want to order something already! LOL As much as I like the Pelican solution that Rumrunner used, I don't think it's going to fit with my harness bar.

Ken

21 - 40 of 42 Posts