Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys. I know a lot of you out there are like me and like to be prepared for everything that the trails might throw at us. Just thought I'd share my new storage set up.

I bought the tusk UTV bag off of eBay for $125. It ended up fitting great on the rear rack. I went the easy route and just zip tied it down to the rack.

Some of you guys know that I find myself in all types of riding. Fast trails, sand, deep creek crossings and mud. I wanted to keep all of my crap from getting soaked so I did some research and found this waterproof Dry Pak bag. I got the large size and paid $50 for it on amazon. It ended up fitting perfectly in the main compartment of the tusk bag. So I've got a cheap $20 dewalt tool box that I've got everything I could possibly need on the trail in it. I've got my drill and impact in another box. I've got the viair 12v tire pump in its own case. And I've got a spare belt. It all fits perfectly in the Dry Pak bag. Close it all up, throw it in the tusk bag and I'm good to go.

Let's all not forget the most important thing here...The two bags on the side of the tusk bag are insulated coolers. I can fit a case of beer in those. What more could you ask for? Let's go riding!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
for sure put a sheet of heat insulation under it its gonna get hot as hell in those bags ,

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice set up for the longer trail rides.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
for sure put a sheet of heat insulation under it its gonna get hot as hell in those bags ,
I think it will be okay as far as heat goes under the main bag. I'm not too concerned with anything in there getting hot. I'll look into how well the coolers hold ice after my next trip. I might insulate them some more if the ice melts too bad.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm heading up to PA next week your invited! Now I gotta go buy me a Tusk Bag too!
Coop, I'm going to hatfield next weekend but definitely hit me up next time. Pm me your number again. I think I lost it in my phone.

I will definitely report back on how it holds up guys. It is for sure not going to be as clean as it is now. Lol.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Personally, I found that it doesn't get too hot(but it warm) next to the fenders, but in the middle right over the mufflers, it gets really hot. You could even get a thin sheet of metal with some self adhesive pads and I think you would be set.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I been using my Tusk bags for over a year. They still look good and work great. I pack about as much shit as you, if not more. I have a 30' tow strap, a compressor, spare belt, and a tool box full of wrenches, sockets, nuts & bolts, zip ties, and just about anything you can think of to make repairs on the trail. And I still have room for plenty of food, drink, and jackets if needed.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
Personally, I found that it doesn't get too hot(but it warm) next to the fenders, but in the middle right over the mufflers, it gets really hot. You could even get a thin sheet of metal with some self adhesive pads and I think you would be set.
metal holds heat aluminum dissipates it

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
So your saying aluminum is not a metal? I think I know what your saying though.
lol sorry yes it is- Its a silvery white, soft, ductile metal! don't use steel , lol

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I been using my Tusk bags for over a year. They still look good and work great. I pack about as much shit as you, if not more. I have a 30' tow strap, a compressor, spare belt, and a tool box full of wrenches, sockets, nuts & bolts, zip ties, and just about anything you can think of to make repairs on the trail. And I still have room for plenty of food, drink, and jackets if needed.

Oh damn that's right. I got throw my tow strap in there! Pretty sure I've got everything else covered though. You know when you have all of your bases covered, nothing will end up breaking.

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
Alright guys. I know a lot of you out there are like me and like to be prepared for everything that the trails might throw at us. Just thought I'd share my new storage set up.

I bought the tusk UTV bag off of eBay for $125. It ended up fitting great on the rear rack. I went the easy route and just zip tied it down to the rack.

Some of you guys know that I find myself in all types of riding. Fast trails, sand, deep creek crossings and mud. I wanted to keep all of my crap from getting soaked so I did some research and found this waterproof Dry Pak bag. I got the large size and paid $50 for it on amazon. It ended up fitting perfectly in the main compartment of the tusk bag. So I've got a cheap $20 dewalt tool box that I've got everything I could possibly need on the trail in it. I've got my drill and impact in another box. I've got the viair 12v tire pump in its own case. And I've got a spare belt. It all fits perfectly in the Dry Pak bag. Close it all up, throw it in the tusk bag and I'm good to go.

Let's all not forget the most important thing here...The two bags on the side of the tusk bag are insulated coolers. I can fit a case of beer in those. What more could you ask for? Let's go riding!

i just ordered this exact same setup from Rocky Mountain and amazon. Thanks for posting this up

·
Registered
247 Posts
Thanks for the idea! I got one from my dealer for $119. I used the small d-rings that came with the bag and just took 4 bolts out that hold the stock LinQ platform down so I can fasten it like it should be.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
The d-rings work, but I also put some small bungies on the outside corners both top (bungied to my harness bar) and bottom to keep the small bags from flopping around. Made everything much more secure. Once you load the bags up, theres alot of wieght flopping around.

Reactions: BRETT

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I found this box on rockymountainatv it looks nice was $143.99 shipped. Looks more heavy duty than the navigator box. It also has a rubber seal on lid to keep dust and water out. Haven't recieved it yet but will post more when it gets here Monday. Just need to put some heat shield material on the bottom to protect it from the heat.

image.jpg

image.jpg

1 - 20 of 42 Posts