Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a 200w amp and 6" sub, and then 4 6.5" speakers that are 390 max watt per pair.. Just wondering if that would work fine? It's all Kicker marine audio gear.
Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok, I took another look and now am looking at an 800w 4-channel amp, and a 10" 600w max sub, would 800w amp be good to run 4 speakers and the sub?

·
Registered
124 Posts
still need to list more info...most of us audiophiles need info such as what ohm speakers they are and rms/continuous wattage versus peak power(basically just a selling point and not realistic).

·
Registered
557 Posts
you also better start thinking about a added battery or upgrading the one you have.Im sure its not 800w amp due to space there are a few small chassis amps out thefre from Rockford and Kicker but they don't make power over 400rms. Keep in mind all that matters Is Rms so figure out those numbers and we can better help you

·
Registered
403 Posts
"800W amp" means nothing. Some are overrated, some are underrated. And like jazzyj says, impedance plays a role in it too. BUT, after reading your 2 posts, I strongly recommend taking the machine to somebody and getting professional help. You cant just go out and buy stuff and expect it all to work together.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry for the lack of info, I don't know a whole lot when it comes to audio. It is probably easier for me to post what im looking at instead of telling you guys info that is probably incorrect lol.
Subwoofer: Audio Savings | Cadence FMW10W 10? Marine/Boat Subwoofer Sub 600 Watt/300w RMS Waterproof White

Speakers and amp:Audio Savings | 2 Pairs Kicker 11KM6204W 6" Marine Speakers + 4 Channel Amplifier+Marine Amp Kit

Deck: Audio Savings | Boss MR1305WUA Marine Mechless Stereo with USB SD MP3 AM/FM Radio, Aux, Remote

As for the battery, I don't have any other power drawing accessories except for a winch, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
124 Posts
Sorry for the lack of info, I don't know a whole lot when it comes to audio. It is probably easier for me to post what im looking at instead of telling you guys info that is probably incorrect lol.
Subwoofer: Audio Savings | Cadence FMW10W 10? Marine/Boat Subwoofer Sub 600 Watt/300w RMS Waterproof White

Speakers and amp:Audio Savings | 2 Pairs Kicker 11KM6204W 6" Marine Speakers + 4 Channel Amplifier+Marine Amp Kit

Deck: Audio Savings | Boss MR1305WUA Marine Mechless Stereo with USB SD MP3 AM/FM Radio, Aux, Remote

As for the battery, I don't have any other power drawing accessories except for a winch, not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks for the help guys!

Everyone will have their own opinion and advice, but I don't think the middle package deal would be bad by itself. As far as running it all off the 4-channel amp, that will probably be a problem. If you are looking to run a sub, either buy a separate amp for it, or get a nice 5 channel amp.

The amp chosen would barely be enough to power the sub, let alone 5 speakers.

·
Registered
403 Posts
You'll get a couple hours on the battery without the Maverick running.

Where do you plan to put all this stuff?
All of that is cheap equipment. Don't expect much. The amp MAY be 30W per channel at most, and there's no way that sub will handle 600W.

·
Registered
557 Posts
its ok wanting an amp and sub just don't buy cheap crap or you will regret it.I have a car audio store I don't have those cheap brands like Boss.All it ever did was make my customers unhappy.Even after you try to explain to them why this 400watt amp is 400 bucks and this one is 2,000 watts for 39.99!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Alpine PDX V9 5 channel great on power small chassis. Are if you run dual Batteries 2 JLs, XD 400 4 Channel, XD 500 Mono. $$$$ though. Maybe Wet Sound but the chassis are a bit big. As for there tower speaker though cant be touched by any product out today

·
Registered
403 Posts
The Wet Sounds amps aren't so big that they can't be tucked out of the way.

And what mongosmash said was completely right! Blows my mind how people buy a $16000 machine and cheap out on the stereo.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I talked to the owner of wet sounds at Mud Nats about a new all in one sound bar he was showing for the first time to the public. The sound bar was made just like a light bar in which the built in amp utilized the entire heat-sink to dissipate heat. Built in blue tooth, back lit buttons in the center of the ten small various speakers. Had your aux in and out to be able to run multiple bars off your primary bar receiving your blue tooth devise, as well as a auto shut off if you happen to leave your bar on after leaving your bike while not receiving any audio signal for awhile. Other than needing a sub if you require a little more base, it is a crazy loud, crisp and clear for such a small and clean package. I'll have to find the flyer but he had two different sizes (don't recall exact sizes) the larger of the two that we herd was retail $750 and the smaller being about $550 retail. He was a super nice guy to talk with and I can tell you that with talking with him for a while, I bounced a couple ideas off him about him doing something different than anybody else with in light bar market. And I caught a shit eatin grin on his face and a wink from him. I hope this gives y'all another option to look at.

·
Registered
557 Posts
interesting,I haven't heard of that yet. yea Wetsounds owns the market In towers at a price point of 1200 cant beat them.I personally like the Rockfords for the money retail Is 599 on the 6.5" and 699 for the 8" I'm pretty sure I will confirm that with a sales guy tomorrow. That's an Ok price on those liquids. I cant stand Polk speakers and their DB's are the worst of the lot.The dash ones are pretty interesting.I'm pretty sure you can buy those Liquids unloaded for about 80 bucks so add a set of Polk DB and you have a 180 full retail set of towers?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Rockford and Wet Sounds is 2 totally different ballgames. Nothing Rockford makes can hold a candle to the Rev's with HLCD's.

Hunting - I've got 5 of those on pre-order....

·
Registered
557 Posts
I didn't say they were yes they are not even in the same game one is a 1199 retail and one is a 599 retail If you actually read my response you will see that is exactly what I said.I sell both and both have their place I find the both to be the best in their perspective price points.Im sure If price wasn't an issue everyone would own the Wetsounds but that's just not an option for some.In fact my Installers just put 3 sets of 8" Rockford towers running off of a JL XD800.8 In a 100,000 Mastercraft today. I actually pulled the salesman aside and asked him why he showed the customer those and not the Rev 10's He said this Is what the customer wanted.I said ok then!lol

·
Registered
403 Posts
I didn't say they were yes they are not even in the same game one is a 1199 retail and one is a 599 retail If you actually read my response you will see that is exactly what I said.I sell both and both have their place I find the both to be the best in their perspective price points.Im sure If price wasn't an issue everyone would own the Wetsounds but that's just not an option for some.In fact my Installers just put 3 sets of 8" Rockford towers running off of a JL XD800.8 In a 100,000 Mastercraft today. I actually pulled the salesman aside and asked him why he showed the customer those and not the Rev 10's He said this Is what the customer wanted.I said ok then!lol
Do you not have any Rev's on display? When my customers hear the display, it changes their tone of budget sometimes, plus I work with them to make it right. If somebody bought 3 sets of Rockfords, they could've bought 1 pair of Rev10's and made a lot better purchase - less money, better sound. You're response above made it sound like you liked the Rockfords over the WetSounds because of price.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts