Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The trigger on one of these Maverick Xrs..... The prices I'm seeing on the 13's looks like a good deal to me. I've been lurking for over a yr readingup on what popo and can am is doing. I really want the 60" model but would rather get a deal on last yrs model. It's been over a yr since I sold my XP so I am itching to ride, been doing water sports to occupy my time.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
If your a popo fan then why not wait just a little longer and get the new popo 1000?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have three friends that have 900's the motors went out in, they are not reliable. I have owned a rhino with motor built by hunter works, a rzr's and a XP. The Polaris products stayed in the shop. I am a yamaha man but they aren't in the game anymore. The 1000 is rummered to be 72" wide. That doesn't work for me. I m liking these can am rite now.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
With the deal you can get on the 13 right now, you could get it and know that if you ended up not being happy with it you wouldnt lose much if you sold it.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
With the deal you can get on the 13 right now, you could get it and know that if you ended up not being happy with it you wouldnt lose much if you sold it.
That's true!

·
Registered
141 Posts
I paid 14.5k for my xrs

No way I was gonna splurge for a 20k+ rig from Polaris or even 18k+ for the new one with ps and def

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
ROTAX and there 1000cc been around forever

how long has this new poop laris 1000cc motor been around ?

If your a popo fan then why not wait just a little longer and get the new popo 1000?

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I paid 14.5k for my xrs

No way I was gonna splurge for a 20k+ rig from Polaris or even 18k+ for the new one with ps and def
That's what I'm shooting for the 14 range..... Can't justify 20 grand ....

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
14k for a maverick is stupid cheap !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nothing to wait around for or think about

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did anybody decide how many revolutions it took to engage the other tire on the standard visco?

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
there is a few videos on u tube that show it pretty good, also if ur doing hard core rock crawling u will need it or thick nasty mud other wise your fine ,

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Everybody makes a really big deal of the non qe visco but I dont hear too much complaining about it here on the forums. Sure guys have upgraded it, just like the clutch. But most have replaced these before they had an issue. For me it hasnt been an issue yet and Ive been in some pretty good spots.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Ride it with the standard visco lock before you spend money on qe. I dont have any issues with standard visco lock

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I wonder if it would work most of the time.... When I had my rhino I hardly ever used diff lock. But when I did I needed it.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Well the qe doesnt fully lock either, its just the amount of time it takes to engage.

·
Registered
4,535 Posts
I wonder if it would work most of the time.... When I had my rhino I hardly ever used diff lock. But when I did I needed it.
exactly, member when u had a rhino , I always used 3 wheel drive never locked all 4 when I did its a bitch to turn to , I like the 3wd on the mav u have sum front end power and then when u need the other tire to lock it takes a few spins and your locked, DO NOT LET OF THROTTLE it will unlock then u will need for the front tire to spin a few more times for it to re-lock !

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
If u are a hard core mud rider then I would suggest spending the $$ on the qe. Some folks get lucky and find them on eBay for $4-500. Not cheap but if u are in a hole and hit 4x4 it's nice to have all 4 spinning almost instantly. Unfortunately after the qe and mud tires u will want power steering

1 - 20 of 21 Posts