Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If honest with myself there are couple things . although this is not exclusive to my rc purchase everything has its not perfect flaws.

First thing first day out was the 5,000 to 5,500 intake and turbo/clutch noise. Do a lot of slow trail no helmet ridding and after full day ears where not happy and i ride a Harley with nothing stock.
Next was the long list of creek crossing that had to come to complete stop at to avoid the full on splash into cab, the desert open range cow patty's that had horrible tire fling into cab was not OK.
Not a big fan of all the plastic pop rivet/frame clip on plastic t head style fasteners but not really any better options due to design. The list of things love about the rc obviously is way longer ,just my 2cts worth
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
247 Posts
My dad taught me long ago life is an 80/20 deal. Be happy getting 80% of what you want. The other 20% you deal with.

Although I agree, the like list is way longer than the dislike. There is a huge list of things on this site people would like to change.

You got the baddest ass UTV sold to date. You will overcome. Enjoy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,397 Posts
The 5000 RPM whine is the most annoying item on my list. Of course the noise plagues the whole X3 line up. Second is the Shifter. It's a PITA to use when your in tight places trying to maneuver. I just installed the Gear grabber today and I am in the process of adjusting it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,095 Posts
Just think if you had a Commander..

The whining would never end, between the straight cut gears and the clutching, thankfully I ride with either a helmet or headphones listening to my Heavy Metal..

It's a Can Am thing some people will never understand it.

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
Just think if you had a Commander..

The whining would never end, between the straight cut gears and the clutching, thankfully I ride with either a helmet or headphones listening to my Heavy Metal..

It's a Can Am thing some people will never understand it.

Barbara

Sent from BLR Logistics
I had a Commander it drove me nuts I hated that machine. Only had 900 miles after 2 1/2 years sold it, bought a 13 Maverick, Better, but still noisy. Then the X3 came out, I was happy a engine in the back, no cab heat and then WTF is that intake behind my head? The dreaded rattle! It’s the clutches, not the heat shields, not the exhaust tip. Maybe the next gen machine will be quieter. It is my only complaint I’ve ever had with the X3. I’ve blocked my intake and the solid rear window has helped make it not too bad at all. I drove a friends 19’ max the other day, he said something is loose, I said nope, normal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
I'm an east coaster(PA) and I hate the fact that I get wrecked with mud also, even with the rock blokz fender flares. I wish I lived near sand, I wish I lived near sand, I WISH I LIVED NEAR SAND...… lol. Everything else I love about the machine so I can live with it(tear offs) and enjoy every moment behind the wheel.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
208 Posts
What? You guys don’t bring a big ole’ cooler, a couple of lawn chairs, and a popup canopy? ��

I meant fuel, tools, spare parts, fire extinguishers, etc. ��
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
25 Posts
My main complaints are the noise. Which I can deal with. And the limited visibility when you need to back up on the trail. It looks like a backup cam will be in my future. Other than those 2 minor gripes I love my xrc.
 
1 - 20 of 54 Posts
Top