Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
1,017 Posts
I just can't find it in me to treat my $21k machine like that. But the folks who can I say give it hell!!!

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
you deep water guys are nuts!

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
I just can't find it in me to treat my $21k machine like that. But the folks who can I say give it hell!!!
X 2. Amen to that!

·
Registered
231 Posts
Put some pontoons on the sides, you could go alllllllllllllllll the way down the creek.

From ' The Land Down Under ' .

·
Registered
548 Posts
At what point do you finally say to yourself "maybe I should get a boat"?

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We have regular xrs's the one in the pic has ALoT of UNDERWATER work done to it...
If you just snorkel n start going deep U Will Regret it. You need to take the time n grease, seal, drain,n fill Everytime.
We have a buggy we put in the water as you see in the pic but we also have one sitting up on the hill Just In Case. All day we Swam but rite at the end in a little little puddle dang exhaust got a snorkel pipe n melted a hose turned it into more than a "three hour tour" only because getting back we needed to be sealed but that second buggy always helps even if it's for a quick part to get u back to camp.

There's honeslty not much more around us, so we swim...but when we have more time this is not what we are doing with them.
In the begining it was fun getting them through the mud n water but its being perfected n getting boring so Go Deeper... Yea but once ur head is outta the buggy n u can't reach the peddle anymore u can't go deeper. So then what.. Well see......

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Rl42 snorkel is the most important jus make sure u snorkel everything diffs too.
Grease Every electrical connection, u will get way with out the great for a bit but it will catch up.
Sport low switch is pretty important but not a must.
Replace that air box with a sealed unit or one that seals tight. Theres more but if u wanna just start playing that stuff will get u started
After every ride u gotta check fluids n seals at least I do
Everyone is rite this kinda riding is hard on them not bending metal hard but water,sand, mud hard so u gotta stay up on Maintance!!!

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Note to self. Never buy a used side by side from the south. :)
/////No Rust, one owner Never seen the mud/////

But it's snorkeled n has 30" mud tires there's all kinds of ads like that around here...lol

·
Registered
671 Posts

But it's snorkeled n has 30" mud tires there's all kinds of ads like that around here...lol
That's funny!

I went and looked at a Rincon one time. It didn't look too bad until I opened the lid on the compartment where the owners manual goes (up by the gas tank). It was chuck full of mud. Must have overlooked that one when they detailed it...lol.

·
Registered
286 Posts

That's kinda like everybody saying a car has a lot of highway miles and the seat is all ripped from getting in and out. Lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts