Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so was on the track last weekend and was first time really on the track in the maverick. I noticed you can not gas and brake at the same time it shuts down the motor. So is anyone else having this issues and is there a way around this ????

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Why would you want to do that.....that is how you smoke your belt.

·
Registered
85 Posts
My guess would be it's due to the brake switch therefore the only way I see around it is put a inline switch in and if u know your gonna be power braking throw the switch to trick the ecu into thinking the brakes are not being used but u will have no brake lights while it's switched over

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I would say power braking . and it wont really smoke your belt . I did it on the track all day long in my teryx. Its how you steer on the track . All of us do this right along with the poo poo guys, At least how we do it out this way heya . HAHA its not like we are holding the brake and gas to the floor its more feather the brake heavy

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would highly recommend against this.....A CVT tranny is not designed to slip like a torque converter or clutch pack in your car or motorcycle. You will smoke your belt in a heartbeat...

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I would say power braking . and it wont really smoke your belt . I did it on the track all day long in my teryx. Its how you steer on the track . All of us do this right along with the poo poo guys, At least how we do it out this way heya . HAHA its not like we are holding the brake and gas to the floor its more feather the brake heavy
OK, that makes more sense then......I see what you are trying to do.....

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, that makes more sense then......I see what you are trying to do.....
I meant I wouldn't say powere braking . I just mean little feather back and forth to push steer into the turn that's all . I never smoked a belt on my teryx. Im not sitting there smashing the pedal on both haha

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
gotcha.....you really need a mechanical and brake

·
Vendor
6,220 Posts
I do the same thing. If it gets bad I wouldn't see why you couldn't just unplug the brake switch. You would have to start it in park though.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I think heavy is right you need a mech brake lever. I have seen this in some race machines and if you look at the xp1k video that came out of the black race one that utvunderground has out. You see him grabbing that handle at least I'm sure that's what it is I know it isn't a shifter handle. Lol someone correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
That xp1k car has a dual action cutting brake that is hooked up to the front wheels. That way he can lock up either front tire and pivot on a dime.

·
Registered
791 Posts
That xp1k car has a dual action cutting brake that is hooked up to the front wheels. That way he can lock up either front tire and pivot on a dime.
That would be neat. I would buy something like that for the Mav. I bet it would help lots turning in a tight spot. If visco did not want to lock you could apply the brake to the wheel spinning to force the other to turn as well.
Is there any kind of dual pedal kit out there that a guy could build from?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The car that I mentioned earlier I believe has one of these. The top two work two ways. Pushing forward and it locks up the left front, pull it back and it locks up the right front. And the bottom one has two levers so you have a different one for each tire.
I just googled cutting breaks and this is one of the first things the pop up.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
where the heck would you mount it on the Maverick?

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Ok so was on the track last weekend and was first time really on the track in the maverick. I noticed you can not gas and brake at the same time it shuts down the motor. So is anyone else having this issues and is there a way around this ????
I tried tapping the brake while accelerating a few times yesterday, and I had no loss of power and the shaft saver did not kick in at all. My maverick is a year old so it's one of the first run maverick, so if yours is newer maybe this is something that they started to do, make the shaft saver more intrusive like it is on the commanders?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I tried tapping the brake while accelerating a few times yesterday, and I had no loss of power and the shaft saver did not kick in at all. My maverick is a year old so it's one of the first run maverick, so if yours is newer maybe this is something that they started to do, make the shaft saver more intrusive like it is on the commanders?
Yo would need to tap it enough for the brake switch to activate for the ECU to even know you are on the brakes.......Soooo is it possible to adjust the brake switch so that you can apply some brakes without engaging the switch?

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
interesting.......

·
Registered
87 Posts
I noticed that the engine does cut out if on the brake for over a second or two. I was de-icing the brakes on our last ride in the mountains and noticed it alot.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts