Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here we go guys! The New Can Am Commander / Maverick PRP GT Seats. This has all the same design features as the Polaris RZR HB and GT however we have sewn in larger seat belt slots to allow easy removal and installation of the seat belts. The larger neck slot also allows for the seatbelts to be farther apart to keep the harness from rubbing on the occupants neck. The PRP GT Seats bolts to the stock seat pan (or PRP's aftermarket Seat Bases) and has a hole in the back so you can reach the stock rear latch without having to reach around the side of the seat. MSRP on these seats with choice of colors on Back, Center and Trim Fabrics are Normally $395 Please ask for Forum discounted Quotes! Below is the video of the RZR GT so you have an idea as well as The Seats for the Can Am in Yellow:

Can-Am-Seats1.jpg Can-Am-Seats2.jpg Can-Am-Seats3.jpg

Seat Mounts:
seat-bases.gif

Video Of GT Style Seat:

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Nice seats, that's a lot of yellow.
How well does the yellow match the can-am yellow?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Will they rub the plastic like the factory seats do then tear?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My PRP commander seats do not rub the plastics and are super comfortable.

Reactions: mearsman

·
Registered
6,621 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Funny, these pictures were taken like 10 minutes from my house. jet-world.com is where I bought my Mav and boat. I was just there on Thursday and didn't see any of these seats.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
The frame work looks very similar to my PRP commander seats , so my guess is they are very comfortable even for guys upto 250 lbs. It looks like the design changes are head rest shape & seat belt slots, but the overall size may have changed.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
So for those of you that have these seats and are running the 4/5 point harnesses….since the lap belt is fed thru the seat, can you pull the lap belt and the shoulder belt thru the hole? Just wondering how hard it would be to remove the seat because I wouldn't want to have to unbolt the lap belts with the seats in…..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
These seats have holes that are big enough for the buckles to go thru easily. My PRP seat's have the older design slots so its more difficult to get the belts thru but its still possible. However I have had the quick snap in buckles sewn into my lap belts. I had to add eye bolts for the buckles to click into, but now its super easy to remove the seats with the belts still in place.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
These seats have holes that are big enough for the buckles to go thru easily. My PRP seat's have the older design slots so its more difficult to get the belts thru but its still possible. However I have had the quick snap in buckles sewn into my lap belts. I had to add eye bolts for the buckles to click into, but now its super easy to remove the seats with the belts still in place.
Thanks…that is what i was hoping to hear…. would be interested in seeing your setup with the quick snap buckles if you could post some pics…..it is a PITA to remove the shoulder straps from the harness bar every time I need to remove the seat….

·
Registered
66 Posts
First off thats my maverick thats in the picts! Thanks for asking permission to use the picts. Second off the seats were built for me by PRP when the maverick was released, The reason the maverick was at jet world was for the first service and the clutch recall. PRP,TRINITY RACING,S-POD,PRO ARMOR have all had my maverick in there shop when it was first released. I sell for all these companies if any body need parts. My shop is in simi valley ca. The yellow is a lil bright and it does blend o.k. but this was for photos for the upcoming dirt wheels magazine. and as far as the seat belts they go threw the sides and the top back with ease, the seats pop out in seconds. If u have any questions feel free to ask me. Also installed by PRP for me was seat heaters for the cali cold desert nights they kick ass. I also just noticed the picts were taken from my SXSUNLIMITED Facebook page. if u want to see more picts just go look at the FB page. 2013-07-30 14.00.56.jpg

·
Vendor
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
First off thats my maverick thats in the picts! Thanks for asking permission to use the picts. Second off the seats were built for me by PRP when the maverick was released, The reason the maverick was at jet world was for the first service and the clutch recall. PRP,TRINITY RACING,S-POD,PRO ARMOR have all had my maverick in there shop when it was first released. I sell for all these companies if any body need parts. My shop is in simi valley ca. The yellow is a lil bright and it does blend o.k. but this was for photos for the upcoming dirt wheels magazine. and as far as the seat belts they go threw the sides and the top back with ease, the seats pop out in seconds. If u have any questions feel free to ask me. Also installed by PRP for me was seat heaters for the cali cold desert nights they kick ass. I also just noticed the picts were taken from my SXSUNLIMITED Facebook page. if u want to see more picts just go look at the FB page. View attachment 4288

The seat pictures were provided to us from Jason at PRP. I was under the assumption they were sent to us in order to sell seats. All pictures we use in our ads were either provided by the seat manufacturer or taken by our shop. In this case, They provided us with pictures for us to market seats and sell there product. I had no idea at all this was not a machine PRP had access to or permission to use. - JT

·
Registered
229 Posts
Anybody else have these seats and want to show some pics? Would love to get some feedback from you guys. They fit well with doors I take it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts