Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
they said they could only get it to 67mph in the dunes wtf! I wonder if they were'nt in sport mode!!

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
not sure on the xp in the sand, i never rode in the dunes maybe someone who knows will chime in..

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just remembered they also said the commander they tested back when it came out was way faster then that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
66 is the fastest I have seen in my commander in sand, 74 on dirt road. Does it matter top speed or is it how fast you get to that speed. I have heard rzr guys claim 63 to 66 down sand highway

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
So you've never been to the dunes, but you start a thread asking wtf is wrong with the top speed??? Sand robs power! Big time!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
I hit 64 in a friends XP on sand highway going from Glamis to Gordons. My guess is the Mav will be governed at a certain top speed, which is fine by me, 70mph is plenty fast in the sand, you're never going to hit that in the dunes anyways, just on the sand hwy.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The new UTV Off Road Mag is out too and its almost the same review as Dirt Wheels, like the same guy wrote it. Lame, I expected more.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So you've never been to the dunes, but you start a thread asking wtf is wrong with the top speed??? Sand robs power! Big time!!!
yea i did!!...but i forgot to write the rest of what they said about the commander being faster when they tested it..

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
847 Posts
The speed in the sand is a tricky thing because it depends on many factors, type of tires, air pressure, type of sand (wet or dry) and where the run occurs. When my commander was stock it ran about 62 to 66 mphs down the drags or Gecko with 27x12 skat trak sand tires at 7 psi. My stock commander was always much faster or quicker than my buddy's commander cause of the right skat trak tires I used vs the sand tires he uses. Once I installed an improved intake system and a larger TB (60mm) it ran 72 to 74 mph but got there much faster. I bet the Maverick with the right tires, air pressure and the stock air box replaced with K/N style filter will easily do the same.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts