Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Remember that day when you brought your rig home, and the inside and outside was just... clean. Yeah, me too. And that was the last time I saw it like that.

I live down a dirt road and no matter how much I pressure wash this sucker after I finish I still am longing for that shine. I’m curious if those foam attachments work? Whatever it is, it cannot involve sticking my hand in every crevasse and bend with a sponge, as it won’t last to the end of my road unless it recently rained. What are you guys using??

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Scrub til your arms fall off it still will never look like it did on the showroom floor. Black never looks the same. That is til they came out with SC1. Its the closest you'll get to looking new again.

I find if can keep a good coat of SC1 on it its best to not use any soap at all as most soaps will remove the SC1. Just take a light pressure washer to it, but no soap unless its heavily soiled.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Scrub til your arms fall off it still will never look like it did on the showroom floor. Black never looks the same. That is til they came out with SC1. Its the closest you'll get to looking new again.

I find if can keep a good coat of SC1 on it its best to not use any soap at all as most soaps will remove the SC1. Just take a light pressure washer to it, but no soap unless its heavily soiled.

I will be giving this a try. Is it a can application, or can be added to a res of a pressure washer?

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Any soap will do. Invest in a former.

Invest in a case of SC1.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
SC1 is in an aerosol can. Im sure there are a lot of Youtube videos on it.

I have a foamer but think they are a bit overrated. Fun to use but unless your still willing to put in a little elbow grease/scrubbing the results can be hit or miss. I really only use it if there is mud. If its just dusty or sandy then straight water from the pressure washer.

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Simple car soap or Dawn when real dirty, wash mitt after the dirt/sand is completely off.
Sometimes a soft brush when needed.
I like a pressure washer with extreme care, a wide tip but back way off, not close up, especially electrical.
The mist actually doesn't penetrate as much as a garden hose.
RV soap protects however have found it leaves a wax residue and it will collect in porous plastic, especially black.
I use G-Shine which is very similar to SC1 which makes clean up much easier along with continued protectant... oh and smells good too, always looks showroom new!

·
Registered
10,460 Posts
If you want it to shine after you wash it Pledge works wonders. I have SC1 and from the little bit I have used it, Pledge does the same thing.

I use Dawn dishwash soap to wash and Pledge or SC1 after you dry it off.

Reactions: AZSteele and BLR

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Dove dish soap makes your hands soft and shiny

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Blue Coral soap, wash with mitts, dry with micro fiber towels or leaf blower, finish with Trim Shine.

·
Premium Member
2,272 Posts
Wd 40 makes things shinny and protects against rust and keeps the mud from sticking

1 - 20 of 36 Posts