• Valvoline

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Castrol

Votes: 11 3.7%
  • Pensoil

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Whatever is on sale

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Royal Purple/Amsoil/Mobil One (any one of these)

Votes: 20 6.7%
  • Other (please state which in this thread)

Votes: 35 11.7%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 136 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can we get this Pinned please?

We see this come up weekly and I thought we could get a pinned thread with a Poll listing the top mentioned oil. If you use something that's not on this poll please post it in this thread. I myself use Royal Purple or Amsoil, whichever is available and handy. I believe Royal Purple, Amsoil and Mobil One will all protect your Maverick equally for motor, Trans and Diffs.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
I selected "Royal Purple/Amsoil/Mobil One (any one of these)" because I would be comfortable running any of them. I am currently running Mobil-1 but will use Amsoil as well if I have it on hand when I do my next oil change..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
I am currently using Maxima which is what was put in at the dealer when they did my initial service. However, I will be switchinig to Amsoil when I do my next oil change and filter change.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am currently using Maxima which is what was put in at the dealer when they did my initial service. However, I will be switchinig to Amsoil when I do my next oil change and filter change.

I used Maxima for years in my 2 Strokes and Jetski. It's excellent oil. Never tried the 4 Stroke oil.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I used Rotella t6. I have never used it before this machine but it seems to get good reviews all over. I use to use amsoil, but it's such a pain to get.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I used Rotella t6. I have never used it before this machine but it seems to get good reviews all over. I use to use amsoil, but it's such a pain to get.
That is the worst part of Amsoil. I am a Amsoil reseller so I get it all the time but for myself I hate having to wait for it. That's why I mainly use Royal Purple, I can get it pretty much anywhere, its priced good and is outstanding oil.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Okay, I have a question. Does Rotella make a gas engine oil? Does it meet the specs for motorcycle engines? The only Rotella that I'm familiar with is for diesel engines. I see a lot of people that say they use Rotella and I've always been wondering if they're just cheap, or what the deal is?

·
Registered
382 Posts
T6 is not a diesel oil. At least mine doesn't specify diesel, it just says engine oil. It's a little cheaper then Royal purple or amsoil. I've just always seen good things. Anymore with today's synthetic oils, I don't think you can really go wrong as long as you change it often.

Okay, I have a question. Does Rotella make a gas engine oil? Does it meet the specs for motorcycle engines? The only Rotella that I'm familiar with is for diesel engines. I see a lot of people that say they use Rotella and I've always been wondering if they're just cheap, or what the deal is?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I never used Rotella and have heard people talk about it. I just checked Shell's website and apparently Rotella is a Diesel designed oil.

·
Registered
410 Posts
T6 is not a diesel oil. At least mine doesn't specify diesel, it just says engine oil. It's a little cheaper then Royal purple or amsoil. I've just always seen good things. Anymore with today's synthetic oils, I don't think you can really go wrong as long as you change it often.
It does specify Diesel. The way to tell is on the back of the bottle on the top of the API circle it will have an "S" (spark ignition/gasoline) or a "C" (compression ignition/diesel) there's a reason they are classified differently so I don't put S class oil in a diesel and vice versa but do what you like.

·
Registered
11 Posts
We use Mobil 1 10w40 until we reach a certain amount on hrs then we will switch over to Schaeffer's. I rely and trust Schaeffer's oil 10X more than I would trust Amsoil or Royal Purple

Sent from my XT881 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
367 Posts
Rotella T6. Nice Lab there Glamisfan.

1 - 20 of 136 Posts