Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i guess this is the actual name for real since there is now a forum for it... I was so hopeing that wasnt going to be the name, it really dont sound like a pure sport name at all!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Yeah we were thinking it might be the Commander Sport or the Commander R or something, but it's looking like it will be the Can-Am Maverick.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
y not go with the "mach-z" arctic cat used there sled name "wildcat"...or just some letters like motocross bikes do. how gay would it sound if ricky carmichael pulled to the starting gate on his maverick 450, just dont sound racey...

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yeap ... I'm thinking the AGM-65M Maverick Missile like Smoker. The worlds #1 IR guided tank buster! In this case, the worlds #1 ROTAX Powered RZR buster!

I see a picture of an AGM-65 slamming into a RZR as a sticker for my new Maverick in the not so distant future! LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
690 Posts
I wonder if they will name the next model "Goose" and then maybe "Iceman" it will be the "Top Gun" series. LOL. I will buy the Iceman.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Google "what does Maverick mean" , and you will understand. Does'nt play well with other's!

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
I feel the need ... the need for speed! heeeeehaww! Get out of my way RZR, your slowing me down! haha

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I no we keep beatin the name up but, isnt it cool there sleds get the name "mxz" for there sport race sleds!!, and for are sport race sxs we get "maverick" WTF. They should of named there utility sled maverick, that goes better..

·
Registered
62 Posts
The name is starting to grow on me. I wouldn't go so far as to say I like it, but I don't mind it at all anymore.
6 months from now we will all be used to it and no one will mention it again.

·
Registered
7 Posts
If they had to name it after an old Ford, they could have gone with Mustang. Or most any old fighter airplane name...Thunderbolt, Lightning, Corsair even. Wildcat's taken, I suppose Tomcat would also be a bit too AC like. Even more modern ones could work...Eagle, Hornet (another old Detroit product), kinda goes with the yellow/black theme, or Falcon (still another old Ford). Still, it could be worse...

This Friday...We're going ballistic!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts