Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might have been answered already but I just read a recent post about it.

I contacted of my contacts at BRP I have from when I was working with them on the Commander a few years ago.

THe answer is the 212 and 364 are same belt with different part numbers. The reason is the 364 number is a 6 digit part number that Rotax uses on the production line, their part numbers only have 6 digits and the replacement parts has 9 digits.

He said, same belt, same spec and same supplier just different numbers.

So there is not secret belt.

But there might be a different one the racers get but I have not confirmed it yet. That contact did not know that and the guy who is head of racing said he needed to check on it.

Todd

·
Premium Member
8,276 Posts
I am confused now. If the 212 and 364 are the same but the one the racers get (364) might be different. Then you info contradicts itself.

I am so confused.

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My new replacement belt is a 212.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
they say belts are the same

the 364 is what racers buy so brp can keep track of how many belts they used, is what I read on here to ,

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So the story is that all the belts have different numbers just for tracking purposes?

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
So that means its not possible to get a replacement belt with a 364 ?

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
So that means its not possible to get a replacement belt with a 364 ?

yes there out there airdam was selling sum and kris might have sum

·
Vendor
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I am confused now. If the 212 and 364 are the same but the one the racers get (364) might be different. Then you info contradicts itself.

I am so confused.
I didn't say the racers were using the 364, I said the racers might be using one different period but do not know this for sure.

But the two belts 364 and 212 are the exact same belt, same spec, made in same place etc Rotax needs a 6 digit part number and replacement parts at Can Am uses a 9 digit part number so the part number difference is just a internal deal.

Another example outside the Can Am is the stage I Raptor cam we sell and the stage II rhino cam, same cam just different part numbers for sales tracking purposes

Now how would anyone be able to get belts from Rotax I have no idea, but if they are saying they are different or better they would be wrong.

Todd

1 - 12 of 12 Posts