Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the half windshield, and the alloy Can am roof top. The problem is it seems to cause a lot of dust coming back in from the rear of the machine. I am wondering if the raised fin on the alloy top is making this worse or??? What are you all doing to stop the dust circle in the cab?
By adding the half doors is it going to make it worse or better?

Thanks

·
Registered
461 Posts
I have the half windshield, and the alloy Can am roof top. The problem is it seems to cause a lot of dust coming back in from the rear of the machine. I am wondering if the raised fin on the alloy top is making this worse or??? What are you all doing to stop the dust circle in the cab?
By adding the half doors is it going to make it worse or better?

Thanks
I don't know from experience but I've heard that the rear screen cuts down on a lot of that. Maybe someone else can confirm....

·
Registered
163 Posts
The cure is a rear windscreen or plastic window. When you put the roof and windshield on it creates a wind tunnel inside the cab that brings dust through the rear of the cage. Same as if you opened the rear window in your truck and drove down the road. Dirt and whatever else will come into the cab. If you wanted absolutely no dust to get in the cab, you can put the hard rear poly window on it for a commander. As can am doesn't offer it for the mav yet but, the cage is the same so it will fit as it does on the commander. The bedliner or doors will not affect this from happening or make any better or worse from my experience.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Don't know on this machine but on my RZR I had to raise the half windscreen about an inch or so off of the dash/hood and it eliminated the problem of dust swirling in the cab.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I knew the teryx had the same prob and raise n the windshield helped just didn't know if the bed design on the maverick would make a difference guess not

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im not sure on raising the windshield but, the doors and liner didn't help it on mine. I put the dust screen on the back of cage and, it helps alot with the dust. it dosesn't keep all of it out but, most of it. I had a hard poly rear window on my rzr and had no dust with it but , can am doesn't have one out for the mav yet. You can put the one on for the commander though if you want to keep all the dust out. Maybe they have not come out with one for that reason.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Raising the windshield will help at least it has on everyother UTV I've owned. I can tell you putting doors on will only make that worse.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts