Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

601 - 620 of 630 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Are you going to be installing your belt temp gauge with the new housing? I've been interested in before and after temps due to heat soak.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
He runs with the cover off most the time anyway lol.

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, Running Whalen Speed 205

·
Registered
637 Posts

2018.5 X3 Max XRS // Grove Fabworks, Aftermarket Assassins, Dynojet, CT front end, CA Tech, UMP, HSP, Rugged, Sandcraft, Running Whalen Speed 205
Ahhh, I guess his before and after temps will not tell me anything. It was a good thought though. Maybe I'll just try one out, I do not have a belt temp gauge, I do run a blow hole. I've only blown one very well used belt before installing the blower. Knocking on wood

434 Posts

In the sand the cover is off for sure, but I also do some desert riding with the cover on. The reason I went with this liner over just a guard like K&T offers is so I can still have the clutches sealed up when I go anywhere but the sand.

434 Posts
Ahhh, I guess his before and after temps will not tell me anything. It was a good thought though. Maybe I'll just try one out, I do not have a belt temp gauge, I do run a blow hole. I've only blown one very well used belt before installing the blower. Knocking on wood

I'll have some numbers but it'll be hard to compare to the plastic liner. It's been a while since I've had the cover on even with the plastic liner since we've been in sand and in cooler ambient temps. I'll have the cover on during our local rally the end of May and can report temps then. Might be longer than your wanting to wait though. I might get out in the desert before then if the mud dries up. Most of my riding from now until then will be in the sand.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I'll have some numbers but it'll be hard to compare to the plastic liner. It's been a while since I've had the cover on even with the plastic liner since we've been in sand and in cooler ambient temps. I'll have the cover on during our local rally the end of May and can report temps then. Might be longer than your wanting to wait though. I might get out in the desert before then if the mud dries up. Most of my riding from now until then will be in the sand.
Thanks, I'm in no hurry. I'm finishing up some work on the street toys and then I'll be getting back in to working on the X3.

434 Posts
Did a little desert rip yesterday with the new aluminum liner and factory cover, and all tubes hooked up like stock would be. I didn't see over 130 but averaged around 110. Ambient temps were around 50 degrees. I don't think it's going to run any warmer than it did with the plastic liner. Seems to be pretty close to where it ran before. On another not this thing is a riot to drive but could get you in trouble quickly as anything over half throttle and your spinning all 4 tires and driving with throttle input. Brakes need to be better on these things for sure. I believe Emtron and a brake package will be in the future.

601 - 620 of 630 Posts