Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
Vendor
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Mgrotel peer pressured me into doing a cage, they look good he says and they are much safer haha. Not really, I have been wanting one ever since i bought the machine. However he is a awesome standup guy, letting me use his shop and tools and helping me out along the way. I live in a real rural area and the powdercoat in my town looks like oatmeal when you get it back, so i asked Mike if i could bring my car out to his house in the city tear it down and while i was at it install a shit ton more parts. Stuff I'm adding this go round will be: BFD cage with aluminum roof, Extreme performance lower front a arm taco kit, front shock tower, Pwrtune intercooler fan override kit, 5150 bluetooth whips, Xprite rock light kit, SSV kick panel speaker pods-have the MTX stereo and the cage mounted enclosures wouldn't work on the new cage plus i Like the cleaner look of not seeing the speakers. Should turn out pretty nice when it's done and once again THANK YOU Mike/mgrotel for letting me do this at your place. The windshield is for sale if anyone is interested also. Now to the good stuff, we'll take more pics along the way as well.

Current Parts List:
SDR Shorty Cage w/windshield
HCR Elite Suspension
Shock Therapy Springs
Shock Therapy TLS kit
Shock Therapy front limit straps
Whalen Big Turbo on Corn
Pwrtune Velocity intake with AFE 7 layer filter
Dynojet Charge Tubes with BOV
Pwrtune intercooler fan override switch
Agency Power intercooler
Agency Power intercooler cover
PVCX cluster mount
PLX Cluster mount
Evo Shocker pipe
Gibson Dual Exhaust
TMW doors
TMW door bags
Turnkey UTV shifter handle
UTV Inc shift gate
PCI Trax intercom w/icom 50 watt radio
PCI Trax carbon fiber OTH headsets
PCI Center stack radio/intercom mount with side panels
PCI headset hanger
PCI Antenna mount
Hunter Safety custom heated seats
Assault Industries 5 point harness's w/quick release clips
Moto Armor mirrors
Baja Designs Squadron Sport amber cubes
Assault D-steering wheel w/quick release wheel
Assault grill
Full custom wrap
Xprite rock lights
5150 whips
Whalen Speed catch can
UTV Stereo dual battery kit
SPF front gusset kit
Rhino lined inner and outer clutch covers
CA Tech Radius rods w/custom machining
CA Tech billet pull plate
CA Tech BSR tierod kit
ZRP brake pedal extension
PLX gauge setup
Custom front shock brace
Full KWI clutch setup
Walker Evans sway bar shocks
32" Arisun Aftershock tires on 15" Raceline Ryno beadlocks
32" Sandcraft 12 paddle rippers on 15" Alba Crusher Beadlocks

thumbnail_IMG_1410.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1412.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_1413.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Mgrotel peer pressured me into doing a cage, they look good he says and they are much safer haha. Not really, I have been wanting one ever since i bought the machine. However he is a awesome standup guy, letting me use his shop and tools and helping me out along the way. I live in a real rural area and the powdercoat in my town looks like oatmeal when you get it back, so i asked Mike if i could bring my car out to his house in the city tear it down and while i was at it install a shit ton more parts. Stuff I'm adding this go round will be: BFD cage with aluminum roof, Extreme performance lower front a arm taco kit, Pwrtune intercooler fan override kit,, Xprite rock light kit, SSV kick panel speaker pods-have the MTX stereo and the cage mounted enclosures wouldn't work on the new cage plus i Like the cleaner look of not seeing the speakers. Should turn out pretty nice when it's done and once again THANK YOU Mike/mgrotel for letting me do this at your place. The windshield is for sale if anyone is interested also. Now to the good stuff, we'll take more pics along the way as well.
[iurl="http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=167762&stc=1&d=1515354094"]
[/iurl]
[iurl="http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=167770&stc=1&d=1515354110"]
[/iurl]
[iurl="http://www.maverickforums.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=167778&stc=1&d=1515354145"]
[/iurl]
Bitchen, where / when you plan on going for maiden voyage after this gets put back together?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Can't wait to see it finished. You guys are killing me. I go to Dumont a lot, I'm all loaded up for MLK next weekend. Plan has been to put my xp4 1000, up for sale as soon as I'm back to get an X3 Max. I'm worried waiting til after Pres day will make it hard(er) to sell...but I REALLY want to ride with y'all. Decisions decisions...

Good luck with that build!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Can't wait to see it finished. You guys are killing me. I go to Dumont a lot, I'm all loaded up for MLK next weekend. Plan has been to put my xp4 1000, up for sale as soon as I'm back to get an X3 Max. I'm worried waiting til after Pres day will make it hard(er) to sell...but I REALLY want to ride with y'all. Decisions decisions...

Good luck with that build!

there will be (2) 18 x3 max's with me there, both running the big 32 skats and tunes. Also (2) other X3' 2-seaters and several Polaris xpt's that we will let follow us, Ha!!

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
there will be (2) 18 x3 max's with me there, both running the big 32 skats and tunes. Also (2) other X3' 2-seaters and several Polaris xpt's that we will let follow us, Ha!!
I'm going to have to figure something out. Sounds like to good of a time. Maybe I'll make one more trip with a big "for sale" sign on it lol.

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
What are you doing to yours?
I am waiting on a few more delivery's from the brown Santa and then I was going to start a thread on it as I want to get my front end beefed up.

TMW gusset kit, CT tie rods, a-arm taco kit like you are doing, S3 shock tower. Once I get the last items I can get my a-arms welded up and parts over to my powder guy that also owns a turbo machine and rides with me

In addition to that I got a second set of rear 31.5 rear paddles so I will have both my stagger rippers and the 10 paddle extremes to test.

I have a little clutch tuning I plan on doing as I have the X-40 kit which was for the stage 3 at elevation but I am going to have to tone it down a little as I may over rev and need to swap a few things around

Also I am deciding If I want to run an e-85 tune to squeeze out a little more power vs my stage 4

and last I may fab up a prototype clutch scatter shield to test as well

·
Premium Member
3,293 Posts
Thursday AM - Monday (pres day) My truck and enclosed hauling mine plus an xpt4

There is a slim possibility I bring my motorhome, If I do that then I will be there Tuesday, roads and weather will help me decide. If roads are junk I don't want to deal with the RV

1 - 20 of 543 Posts