Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mean i have now seen the maverick easily beat the xp in person on a long flat road, and on a sand hill. it can not stay with it, not even close. were talking stock out of the box machines here.
i have a strong feeling you will see xp owners with a maverick in the coming year once the see enough of them, ride them, and they start taking ahold. the quality form fit and function alone is 50 times better. better suspension, better shocks, better engine, more hp and low grunt, lower heat issues, better belt and a improve steering even with no power steering its nearly like having it, whatever they did i dont know, but it steers easy. the qe/4x4 has been improved greatly. value vs what you get is good. canam really stepped it up here. the trade in resale value will drop due to supply and demand on used ones im sure. now if you stay happy with what you have, enjoy it, it works for you and you dont care about a smoother ride or higher hp, your good...that is how i always viewed it. get what makes you happy and ride it liek you stole it.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Sold my xp to my brother in law i got in from offshore Friday picked up my maverick and he took the xp off my hands lol

·
Registered
124 Posts
I sold my cp to my brother in law also.. Im going tonreceive my maverick just after new years. I will let you know how i like it.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
Most XP owners I know don't ride stock machines. If you watch the XP forum many of the XP guys have been modifying their machine from day one...aftermarket shocks, stage I & II kits, big bore kits, and turbos. They are not scared of a Mav no more than I was scared of the XP with my commander. The rule in the dunes is if you line up you better be ready cause you NEVER know what the next guy is bringing

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ya i agree, but stock to stock maverick is king easily (FOR NOW). the maverick, like the commander has best shocks, take the commander, many xp owners would buy a xp, then go buy the same shocks that come on the commander x or limited as stock, they had to buy them and add them, for about the same OTD cost, you got more bang for your buck. as to mods on xps, at sema show there was a study showing only 20% of sxs owners do serious major mods. meaning getting all into it, thousands of dollars. not a bolt on item, or something little. maybe you see such high mods because you deal in that and all people you see have done it, that is the crowd you deal with and at dunes they show them off. as to maverick, if you can mod serious things with a xp in aftermarket, you will be doing the same to maverick, which makes it still king

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
I dont care, its not so much the horsepower or suspension as much as its that polaris just is very low quality and very basic. Polaris probably makes a ton on the rzr because they dont put very much into them. I expect an answer to the maverick eventually but I also expect the same low quality and high price tag.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
The point I'm making is that people who have an XP for the most part are not going to run out and buy a 20K maverick just cause it is a little faster than a stock XP. If speed is what you want stock aint fast. You will modify what you already have and if you look at that large Xp market and the performance shops around Az and Ca those guy get tons of XP owners in there adding bbk kits, turbos, stage I and stage II kits over the years. Yes out here in the dunes HP is king cause the sand robs so much power and that is the overriding factor. My Mav will only be stock for a few more days til I get time to get it to the shop cause as good as it is it still aint good enough. I bet when I run up to the XP Camp at Glamis all those XP guys will be scared.....NOT!!! LOL

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
When I sit in my buddies xp I feel like im at Target store sitting in one of those little battery powered cars little kids drive around the driveway. Qualitys about the same. Sure you can mod up an xp with turbos and what not but soon you will be able to do the same to the maverick if thats what you want. Even after modding the xp you still got a cheap, uncomfortable, bare interior.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
When I sit in my buddies xp I feel like im at Target store sitting in one of those little battery powered cars little kids drive around the driveway. Qualitys about the same. Sure you can mod up an xp with turbos and what not but soon you will be able to do the same to the maverick if thats what you want. Even after modding the xp you still got a cheap, uncomfortable, bare interior.
thats why i built my own center console system mimicked off the commander!!haha

·
Registered
25 Posts
Polaris is going to kick our ass with their 4wd system.(if you can keep the frame straight and a arms on them)
Arctic Cat will smoke everyone in the really rough high speed stuff.
Can Am will smoke everyone's ass in a drag race and fit and finish,
The problem is they all have flaws, no perfect machine, never will be.Some do things better than others, it is l a compromise and how fat your wallet is..........................

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Artic cat can't smoke anyone they are too buisy replacing engines in the wildcat, that thing is junk. The xp 900 is still a quality buggie just not put together as well as the can am. I wouldn't worry about Gettin shown up by a wildcat though! All in all I'm impressed with the Mav just not the 4x4 parts. If they put the qe and ps it would be Damn near perfect.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Well it took Can Am 2 model years before they put QE & EPS in the Commander, I hope it doesn't take that long to get it in the Mav. That Visco diff just sucks in the rocks. The XP does do well in all terrain, I'll give it that.

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Artic cat can't smoke anyone they are too buisy replacing engines in the wildcat, that thing is junk. The xp 900 is still a quality buggie just not put together as well as the can am. I wouldn't worry about Gettin shown up by a wildcat though! All in all I'm impressed with the Mav just not the 4x4 parts. If they put the qe and ps it would be Damn near perfect.
well then perfect is 1-2 years off, maybe a single year. i expect they will have the new bugs found and fixed and the qe and ps after model year 1.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I've got a qe settin in my carport just need enough time to install it, after the install I'll decide if it needs ps. I'm not Tryin to get shown up by anyone! I put one in my commander and it made a huge difference

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
its not about being scared...lol.. and sure i expect you to see much more xp vx mav. think about it, until a week ago, the ONLY SPORT SXS was a xp, so that was your only choice. NOW, there is a choice, just watch , you see a few mav showing up in places you never have, then more, and more, and in 2 years its going to be close to even, see a mav, see a xp, another year beyond that at most. i have owned polaris, dropped it like it was hot, poor quality, cheap afte thought items, heat issues so bad it kept melting parts, i could go on and on, yes all oems have issues, but this was crazy issues, and polaris denioed they had a few problems i complained about. not until i go a hold of the us safety division- forget there official name- and then showed them more than 40 issues from 3 simple forums where they had fixed some, did they act and then barely. like tape it up and when the tape fails re tape...really, 16 grand, 3 months old, 40 hrs and tape it up...ok... even if you forget that part, i must agree they toss them out as fast as they can, cheap looking, lack of fit, poor quality. however that must change now, with can am mav, and even the artic cat, it forces them to finally clean it up, make it fit, make it work because the name polaris will no longer hold weight especiaally as the single sale point. i do know 3 peopel who sold there xp to buy a mav also. poor quality, fit and finsh, cheap after thought designs is not going to keep polaris in teh game, change or lose. laugh all you want, say im crazy, but let them keep on like they are and see what 5 years holds. all you will need to do is look around then. polaris just showed a new jagged version for 22 grand.. not a chance in heck they will sell many of them at that price. gotta do better do ask that price.
give maverick 3-4 years out like the xp has been out and then compare the stats, not after a week...i think you will see as many mavs as xps from all purchased say in 2013 and beyond.

·
Registered
2019 max R turbo
835 Posts
I hate the Polaris as much as everyone who truly understands the quality of that machine but tomorrow I head into the heart of XP territory with my Mav and commander. They even have a camp setup for the Polaris faithful...lol. I'm used to the stares I get from the XP wolves at Glamis but my commander has always been faster from day one then 95% of them. And now that it is really dialed it is faster than 98% percent. Unfortuately its always the 2% of guys that have turbos and fast bbk that are hanging out where the real fun is Olds hill and the drags. If you want to ride and have fun then stock is cool but if you like to talk smack and run and gun with buddies and everyone who lines ups then stock is always the loser. I got the Mav to replace my commanders. Why not because it is faster cause its not but because it is the best suspension on the market...even better than the wildcat. The design is second to none and even with all the work I've put into the commander it just will never be as bad as my Mav in mod form. Now a mod Mav done right is something that the XP guys should be completely afraid of..lol

·
Registered
1,298 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hate the Polaris as much as everyone who truly understands the quality of that machine but tomorrow I head into the heart of XP territory with my Mav and commander. They even have a camp setup for the Polaris faithful...lol. I'm used to the stares I get from the XP wolves at Glamis but my commander has always been faster from day one then 95% of them. And now that it is really dialed it is faster than 98% percent. Unfortuately its always the 2% of guys that have turbos and fast bbk that are hanging out where the real fun is Olds hill and the drags. If you want to ride and have fun then stock is cool but if you like to talk smack and run and gun with buddies and everyone who lines ups then stock is always the loser. I got the Mav to replace my commanders. Why not because it is faster cause its not but because it is the best suspension on the market...even better than the wildcat. The design is second to none and even with all the work I've put into the commander it just will never be as bad as my Mav in mod form. Now a mod Mav done right is something that the XP guys should be completely afraid of..lol
I HEAR YOU USAGUY... I GUESS I SHOULD HAVE CLARIFIED. IM ALWAYS TALKING STOCK OUT OF THE BOX ( opps sorry for the caps, time for a new keyboard....lol) i was told long ago oem's produce for the masses, meaning the 85% range, as they could never make it 100% for 100% of people... so comparing i mean stock to stock. i actually hope you mod teh shit out of your maverick and then keep me posted what you do, what you gain and progress... i truly enjoy reading those posts. im a stock guy for teh most part, but love to read what mods and things from them happened!! so please keep me posted how things go if you mod it good,.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm an XP owner and I think I might be making the switch. I'm not gonna sell my XP I love it but I've been thinking about purchasing another SXS and just been kind of waiting to see what Polaris was gonna do. We they did nothing so it looks like I'm going with the Maverick. I've always liked Can Am quads(I'm looking at getting the Renegade 1000 also). The Maverick really looks good went and test drove one and all I can say is WOW!!!!! I can't wait to get one. Looks like the XP's going to the wife. LOL. Anyways been lurking on here since the maverick was released and love the site.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts