Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was watching an interesting discussion on Shock Therapy Live that I think is worth continuing. It was about what would be the 'best', short, one syllable name to call the side by side / UTV that both describes it quickly & in a way that is understood exactly what is being talked about.

For instance, 'Quad' is a short stout word that fits but, there would be uncertainty when using 'quad' when referring to a side by side as a quad was originally used to describe a one seater with no cage & 4 wheels. So, for those reasons 'quad' has to be forsaken for a better moniker.

Car also works but obviously the lack of descriptive clarity comes into play because car also describes the automobile! Fo shizzle my nizzle! Another contender bites the dust.

UTV can certainly describe Side by Sides but it is both awkward to say & the 'U' in UTV stands for 'Utility' (ok, maybe both the U & the T stand for utility in this case) but, my point here is that machines like the Maverick are intended as Sport machines & not necessarily Utility Vehicles. And besides, UTV does not quickly roll off the tongue.

Side by side obviously describes vehicles like our beloved Maverick but it is not short nor sweet & most people uninvolved with our sport will not know WTH we are talking about! I've personally had several think I was talking about a motorcycle with a side car! Ch-yaah..

So there's the challenge people. A short 'n sweet descriptive word that easily rolls off the tongue which we can accurately use to call our machines is all I'm looking for here.

Is there one out there?

Are we asking too much??

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
just give your buggy a name...
I call mine Dagger

·
Registered
353 Posts
the maverick, which makes it different than my other toys. LOL otherwise it is the sxs.

steve

·
Registered
143 Posts
Because we have friends with Popos we also use the generic buggies when referring to SXSs. Each one has it's own name though. My current triple black X3s are Onyx and Black Diamond.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Since we’re in Baja Corre Caminos seems to fit
590F2CC2-EEAB-4CEA-86B9-A4AFE8FA2C9B.jpeg

Reactions: lyhoftom

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Sexy Bitch!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts