Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

21 - 40 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Shouldn’t have to. The ct and zrp plates look like works of art. Just not functional. For the price you shouldnt have to buy a strap or shackle to fit in it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
584 Posts
I already had them but I would never hook a metal hook to my aluminum tow ring anyways so I never thought about it being to thick

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Front windshield, when it's hot, its hotter and more dust. Its great if it is cold out, but not for Glamis

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
I have the OEM full glass winsdhield and i love it..less windy , less dusty and the heat is not a factor
I dont have back cover/windshield

You do have a roof..dont you?

·
Registered
662 Posts
And I'm 50 now,,, I don't "bounce" like I used to. 😔
I was running a 70+ horsepower Raptor up into my 70's, and I knew it was time for a cage.

Reactions: Hollywood X3

·
Premium Member
2019 x3 Xds R
248 Posts
Snorkel kit was gonna use for noise reduction. Think it’s still in the garage some where. Probably a nice mouse hotel now.
For the zrp plate a soft shackle or snatch strap fits on it. Really don’t want to hook metal to aluminum for tugging. I do wish I could fit a normal shackle on it.
I did pull the tractor out with it last week. So it will hold 3k lbs or more.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can-Am mirrors almost useless. Starting to question on buying of the Adventure Roof Rack. It mostly stays empty except the spare tire. Lots of extra weight way up high. Also the rattling noise from the aluminum side plates is a design problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Can-Am mirrors almost useless. Starting to question on buying of the Adventure Roof Rack. It mostly stays empty except the spare tire. Lots of extra weight way up high. Also the rattling noise from the aluminum side plates is a design problem.
use washers for the aluminum plates ...and i carry extra gas on the rack..the wavian jerry holder is secured with 4 screws to the rack (pic is f taken from front of the car)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I removed one of the plates to do just that. Ended up removing all the plates and like the look so far. Nice setup with the Jerry can!

·
Registered
38 Posts
My regret is 6ft whips, which I mounted near the top of the roof on the back roll cage corner mounts. Those things are just too long for a lot of the brushed areas around Phoenix. They've replaced them a few times for free (paid 50% for one), but I ended up going to 4ft and avoided the problem.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
My regret is 6ft whips, which I mounted near the top of the roof on the back roll cage corner mounts. Those things are just too long for a lot of the brushed areas around Phoenix. They've replaced them a few times for free (paid 50% for one), but I ended up going to 4ft and avoided the problem.
dont you think this wouldve helped ?
or this

·
Premium Member
1,208 Posts
I got parts laying around I got for this or that and never got around installing or using it, but do not regret getting it in the first place. Well there is one item that, not getting it, could have saved me a lot of money... an engagement ring... followed by a wedding band... followed by getting out of it...

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Curious why do you say quick release cvt cover pin kit is garbage?
If you dont screw them in perfectly straight the outer cover is a mofo to line up and beat on. You will end up enlarding the holes in the outer cover. Total waste, just use 4 of the OEM screws and a cordless ratchet or ratcheting screwdriver.

·
Registered
38 Posts
dont you think this wouldve helped ?
or this
I have the top ones, they are great for when on the trailer. Just one pin and you fold them down, then a reusable zip tie near the front that I leave on the roll cage for support. It's nice never having to unplug and relocate the whips. The problem is out riding though. Places like Bulldog/Sycamore/Rolls go from open desert to heavy brush pretty quick, I don't want to get in and out every time I come to something. I found myself worrying about the whips too much and ruining some of the riding, so I often just left them down. At that point it defeats the purpose. 4ft is plenty and I never really have to worry about breaking them. 4ft puts the top of the whip at 9 1/2ft, way over the 8ft some places like the dunes require. Some people may have better luck with thinner 6 footers, but I'm a fan of the thicker design like 5150 and Gorilla uses.

·
Registered
181 Posts
If you dont screw them in perfectly straight the outer cover is a mofo to line up and beat on. You will end up enlarding the holes in the outer cover. Total waste, just use 4 of the OEM screws and a cordless ratchet or ratcheting screwdriver.
I've been wondering why I keep putting all them damn screws back in Any pattern to using just 4, equally spaced, on either side of the air ducts?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
776 Posts
Also I lost all hope of water tightness with it as well because the pins were 1/8th of an inch from the cover. Let alone the cover be pressed tight against the gasket.
This was the emp kit. I have it all in a bag in my toolbox at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Back up camera. Takes to long to switch from my GPS screen and get the camera up. Then I learned about the wifi time lag. Back up some, wait for camera to catch up.....repeat. Haven't even bothered in 2.5 years so it's a waste.

Reactions: warlock
21 - 40 of 59 Posts