Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are countless accessories available. Some more useful than others, some cheaper and some more expensive.
What is that one part that you always regret purchasing and you truly believe it was a waste of money.
For me has to be Canam OEM mirrors. hard to adjust, hard to see anything, hard to enter/exit the car because of them. A total waste ...Not sure what Canam was thinking when they released them
But again, I'm a weekend warrior when it comes to off roading and I'm curious to see what more seasoned enthusiasts are saying.
Hopefully other forum members will share their buyer regrets so the rest wont make the same mistake they did...

·
Premium Member
7,869 Posts
Razor back belt temp gauge. Stupid bright light at night you cannot turn off, no warning light when you are getting close to high point, and no way to adjust set points. AIM is a 100x better product.

Garbage amazon/ebay lights. Lens frost over and they just puke out light on no pattern.

Upgraded ball joints were a waste, have not heard of any failures

·
Premium Member
2,115 Posts
Can am mirrors that mount up on the cage worst thing ever

Reactions: warlock

·
Registered
246 Posts
I bought a pretty well dressed dealer demo. I've taken off a lot of the things they put on, and I paid for, to accesorize my way.
I should have bought a bone stock model and added what I wanted.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Front windshield, when it's hot, its hotter and more dust. Its great if it is cold out, but not for Glamis

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns

·
Registered
662 Posts
Absolutely nothing, but a few comments;

I slotted the holes for the Can-Am mirrors for a better angle.
My Bent Metal windshield is removed in 2 minutes.
I want to move, or add, fire extinguisher inside instead of on the rear cage outside.

Well, maybe I should have bought a switch pro instead of wiring switches. But, I don't think it would have saved much space.

NOTE, wasn't there a similar thread about a year ago??

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Ct pull plate. The ring is so big a winch hook won’t clasp around it and it’s not big enough to go through it. I know they sell a strap for it but it’s just stupid they made it that way. Sold it for 100$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Ummmmmmmmmm, probably the one part would be my 06 Rhino!

Man, the money I could have saved and had, if I didn't buy that LOL! It has just morphed into an uncontrollable monster!

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
This for me too. Ugh, the money I spent on that turd! :mad: Hindsight I guess?
Yeah, but I meant if I didn't buy that, I wouldn't of bought 3 more SXSs! Definitely would have been cheaper to just run dirt bikes and quads.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Ahhh! I see what you mean. 😱 I did learn that lesson from the Rhino. Only got it to get my 5 year old out in the "big stuff". She got a Rappy 250 when she was 7, and could go anywhere, so the Rhino went bye bye.

Gave up the Dirtbike after my 3rd ACL repair, jumped onto Quads. Only reason I left quads and jumped into the SXS scene recently is because all the damn high power SXS's make the sand so crazy rough the quad isn't much fun anymore. Wasn't having fun trying to keep up with SXS's going full out on a 450 when the sand is torn to he!!,,,, was more just trying "not to die".

And I'm 50 now,,, I don't "bounce" like I used to. 😔

·
Registered
21 Posts
Front windshield, when it's hot, its hotter and more dust. Its great if it is cold out, but not for Glamis

My wife thinks I only have 3 guns
Good feedback. I thought I was going to keep my windscreen installed 12 months, but I realize now that when it gets warmer and drier I will have to remove it..Wife is Australian, she is always cold here in Idaho Ha!

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Everyone in my group run windshields year around. I’ve got a half but it sits in the garage . I keep a full windshield with wiper kit on it. It does get hot but it keeps you so much cleaner here in ky and tenn

·
Premium Member
9,981 Posts
Ahhh! I see what you mean. 😱 I did learn that lesson from the Rhino. Only got it to get my 5 year old out in the "big stuff". She got a Rappy 250 when she was 7, and could go anywhere, so the Rhino went bye bye.

Gave up the Dirtbike after my 3rd ACL repair, jumped onto Quads. Only reason I left quads and jumped into the SXS scene recently is because all the damn high power SXS's make the sand so crazy rough the quad isn't much fun anymore. Wasn't having fun trying to keep up with SXS's going full out on a 450 when the sand is torn to he!!,,,, was more just trying "not to die".

And I'm 50 now,,, I don't "bounce" like I used to. 😔
CTi knee braces! One bad knee, didn't want another one. I got 12 years on you, but still like riding my dirt bike. I take a lot of sand samples, LOL. You don't bounce too much in sand, easier get offs, that's for sure.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ct pull plate. The ring is so big a winch hook won’t clasp around it and it’s not big enough to go through it. I know they sell a strap for it but it’s just stupid they made it that way. Sold it for 100$

Lol, didn't think about it until I read this but the ZRP one I put on a couple weeks ago is the same.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts