Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my dad was voted veteran of the year. Dinner set for Saturday at our American Legion. Just talked to him a little bit ago and heard all about his parade experience. Pretty happy for him and his accomplishments as he served for the Marine Core.

To the veterans on this board, thanks for the job well done and sacraficing your time and life.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Very cool....what did you dad do while in the USMC? I was an Avionics tech on the F/A-18 fighter jets......I also do a few years on the USMC shooting team....

Reactions: cholber1

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MP- Korean War era. Might sound stupid but my biggest joy he does is holiday work. We have a thing called toys-for-tots, that something he really looks forward to doing. Collecting toys for the less fortunate.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good for him the Korean guys really get the short end of things seems folks want to ignore the whole issue. They really faced some outlandish issues, from being deployed with weapons with the wrong ammo to having to face the massive Chinese human wave attacks. A lot of sacrifice, like WWI glad I missed, speaking as a Viet Nam combat vet. Cold but no dammed jungle! :)

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
MP- Korean War era. Might sound stupid but my biggest joy he does is holiday work. We have a thing called toys-for-tots, that something he really looks forward to doing. Collecting toys for the less fortunate.
Please tell your dad I appreciate everything he did for our country then and now!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Sounds like an outstanding man. I sure do appreciate all the veterans. I did 4 years in the Marines 1st Radio Bat K-Bay HI as an Light Armored Vehicle Mechanic

·
Registered
459 Posts
My upmost respect to our veterans, the world would be a much different place without them. Thank you for your service.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Tell your dad Semper fi. I did toys for tots when I got out and did some reserve time it's def rewarding. Motor T/aircraft refueler mwss 371 Yuma, and 372 El Toro/Tustin.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Tell your dad Semper fi. I did toys for tots when I got out and did some reserve time it's def rewarding. Motor T/aircraft refueler mwss 371 Yuma, and 372 El Toro/Tustin.
ooh raah Devil Dog!

Reactions: cholber1

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
This will teach these punks to screw with a few marines. This is good

image.jpg

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
that is awesome.....too many times you hear of stories just the opposite where the perp sues the person who stopped him from getting away for assault and wins in court. To me this is justice served...."Swift and Silent"

1 - 14 of 14 Posts