Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

Thanks Alex and CT Racing for the Dual Rate Setup

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  al8apex 
#1 · (Edited)
Alex, Great job bud!!

My Maverick is a totally different animal over stock, Smoother on the small bumps, very progressive on the G-Outs with little or no bottoming and I could take the whoops flat out. My only adjustment from your setup was 2 clicks in for rebound in on the rear.

Vehicle Sand All-terrain vehicle Natural environment Off-roading

See less See more
#3 ·
Can't wait to send mine off

#4 ·
Alex, by accident we had a full blown shootout. Xp1000, wildcat and xp900 were on the ride and it turned into a full desert race a few times. I forgot to get my Go Pro out of my race car, man that would have been some great footage. There is some cell phone footage and I'm trying to get it from one of they guys on the ride. Land vehicle Vehicle All-terrain vehicle Automotive tire Off-roading

#8 ·
The XP1's buddy has the video of the 2nd drag race and hopefully he share's it. 8).
We were in a sand wash 1st race I won by a 1/2 car length to about 50mph 2nd race by about a wheel.. We were pretty dead even! I do have a STM/STM rage 3 clutch but it's not close right now either. It's engaging is at about 7k Rpm. The Xp1 was bone stock with about 12hrs on it. I really figured in the sand that the xp1s tires gave it an advantage?
We all ran a 200yard whoop/rutted out section and I was told my maverick and the xp1 looked very similar. The xp900 with elkas went about as fast (55-60mph)but wasn't near as smooth. The shocker in this shootout was the Article Cat wildcat, it looked like a Sunday drive and by far the best. In the end we all had a beer and concluded its a great time for UTVs buyer because they all are so dang close. But 20k for a xp1k is getting up there..
Sorry to ramble but a side note the XP1k to my surprise does not have high speed compression or a rebound adjustment.

#9 ·
Sorry to ramble but a side note the XP1k to my surprise does not have high speed compression or a rebound adjustment.
I am surprised that its doesnt have those shock adjustrments for that kind of money!

#10 ·
damn I wanna take mine off right now and send them to him... winter will be here soon enough tho

#11 ·
Drag Race quick note. If you get into a true drag race from a standing start, brake torque the machine once to set the rear end down and front up on the Maverick. The XP1K and our Mavericks suffer big time if you hammer the gas from a dead stop due to all of our suspension travel, rear end has to drop 8-10 inches the front rises 10-12 inches and you loose a 1/2 - full car length while this is happening. I would post this in another thread but I don't want any po po guys figuring this out! 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.