Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Can-Am 18 wheeler was at Prairie City Off Road park this weekend (northern California).

Background, I had previously tried the Maverick, but decided to go with a used RZR-S with a middle jump seat so I can take my two kids on short rides.

I brought my RZR with me today, and wanted to try the huge new Mav MAX because I suspect a 4 seater is in my future at some point. My son will likely only fit in the middle one more season.

Anyway, the short answer... It is incredibly easy to drive. It reminds me of a Sea Doo 3 seater I had. Just like the Sea Doo, the Max was plush, (likely) reliable, super stable, and fast enough. Standard adjustable seats is nice. And did I say plush? (Suspension and wheelbase).

Side note: Seat backs are much higher than polaris seats and likely provide much more heaf and neck protection.

Complaints... The electric power steering was too powerful for my taste, luckily there is an easy button to dial it up or down. Was more than enough assist for me on the lowest setting. The gas pedal also didn't seem very responsive. The power came on smooth, but not linear with the pedal.

Bottom line, I had more fun when I was back in my RZR. The MAX is great transportation, and for someone who didn't grow up with go carts and three wheelers (read: no suspension) they will love the caddy like ride, but it just wasn't very engaging.

I loved my big Sea Doo, it let me ease into the sport and eventually I could power slide it, and take advantage of the power to have some real fun. The MAX seems similar. The sporty would come with practice, vs. the RZR starts at sporty and you get smooth with practice. The 2 seat Mav seems somewhere in the middle.

Just thoughts. I will likely be in the market for a used 4 seater in a couple years.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol I seen him post this on the rzr forums to , ! the max is 100 times better then the piece of shit rzr will ever be , but hey everyone has a opinion like a asshole, lol

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
lol I seen him post this on the rzr forums to , ! the max is 100 times the piece of shit rzr will ever be , but hey everyone has a opinion like a asshole, lol
Why would he even compare a 4 Seater to a 2 seater and say it isn't as sporty? Compare it to an XP4 and see how much better the Max is....

Reactions: Troublemaker

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Trust me, if I had the money and place to store a big 4 seater, I would love to have one. And I thought I was paying it a compliment by comparing to my Sea Doo. Bombardier makes some great stuff.

It was just some honest observations that may help others deciding between 2 it 4 seat and thinking about the strengths of one brand vs another, or even new vs used like I went through beginning of the year. Didn't get the Mav 2 seater because it would not fit 3. Riding with my kids was the priority to me.

Definitely not trying to bash. My only frustration with any of these things is not having enough time (or good weather) to ride. Well, that and when my RZR starts to squeak and needs another tube of green grease :)

Take care.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Fair enough

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Side note... I did test drive a RZR4 at the same place, about a year ago. It does feel a little smaller than the Max, as anyone would expect. Both are more than enough for a place like prairie city though.

Didn't get a RZR 4 back then because I thought they cost too much for what you get, and i would need a custom cage or chop to fit it in my garage. And my wife and I both disliked RZR seats, no adjustment is ridiculous. I've since learned about aftermarket options to improve the seats, but I would only buy one used.

Take care.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
its a maverick forum I had to tease u a lil ! lol

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Get um Benzo! Way to start a dog pile on a Rzr guy. Run his ass outta here. Some people won't buy better quality no matter what.

Reactions: bulldogs101

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
lol

I like dem rzr boys give's us something to talk about since we don't have much issues anymore with the mavericks, lol

Reactions: Driller77

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I still hang out here sometimes, and glad to see less issues being discussed. Always some with new model year machines. I do hope to get a higher performance machine someday and a Mav could be in my future. Just need my son to grow faster so the wife can see we need a bigger one!

Honestly I wish Can Am would come out with a kids UTV. I am afraid of the worst of RZR quality as it will surely shine in their 170.

Would love to be able to go to a can am dealer and buy a MAX and MINI !!! I will be first in line.

Will probably end up buying them a cheap go kart instead just to experience driving, then eventually let them drive my RZR-S and get something better for me.

Anyway... Thanks for not railing me too hard. :)

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yerf dog b4 a rzr 170 lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts