Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys i have read and read on here about the ten hour service.what is done at the dealer for the service ,i talked to my dealer the other day and they told me vavles would never need to be adjusted ,and there is no power increase after the service .can someone give me the cold hard facts. Todd:haha:

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Does it really make sense that a motor with mechanically adjusted valves will never need adjusting? And the more power after 10 hours has been asked over and over, and there's never been a fact-based reply.

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
the service it self doesn't make it faster after 10 hours, they say the computer is programmed ''they say '' to decrease power till 10 hours, - but like glamis said who realy knows,

and they want u to check the valves at 10 hours at least

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks i looked at the book so i have to go back to the dealer and point out what it states in the book,and i was curious about the power increase

·
Registered
33 Posts
Thanks i looked at the book so i have to go back to the dealer and point out what it states in the book,and i was curious about the power increase
I asked what they did after they finished my 10hr service. All they said was they did an oil change and topped up both front and rear diffs. In the book it says they have to check the head torques, check valve spacing, drop oil and change filter and top it back up again. Change all diff fluid front and back, gear oil ect.... I took all the plastic off for them to make it go faster. They charged me an 1.5 hrs for oil change and that was it. Never touched anything else. They told me it was unnessasary...OK. I bitched about the time they dropped it to 1hr. Joke

·
Registered
4,536 Posts
yup they marked all the areas they worked on on mine, the heads/ valves , all the oil spots diffs gear box , they put a date and a name

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
what was done to mine, changed gear case oil and motor oil with new filter. Checked valves and heads. checked diffs front and rear and topped off. checked tire pressure and replaced a bad bolt on bead lock ring. quick wash after then coat of sc1. Also checked air filter. $134.00

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
The differential and transmission fluids must be changed. Mine were filthy at 16 hours. Anybody going to a dealer needs to insist that those fluids are changed also.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Do the service yourself. My first service consisted of a engine oil change, transmission oil change and a greasing. They didnt change the differential oil like there suppose to or check the valves. The only reason I took mine to the dealer is for peace of mind when it comes to warranty claims and wouldnt you know the only two claims I had they denied so I'll never be going back to get any work done.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Do the service yourself. My first service consisted of a engine oil change, transmission oil change and a greasing. They didnt change the differential oil like there suppose to or check the valves. The only reason I took mine to the dealer is for peace of mind when it comes to warranty claims and wouldnt you know the only two claims I had they denied so I'll never be going back to get any work done.
Ya they told me I should have done it my self. They charged me $200+ not happy with BRP right now. I have sent an email to them complaining about the service I got.

·
Hickory, NC
2,958 Posts
Just my oils and filter was 150, I'm doin it myself cause I don't want anyone removing plugs but me

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Does it really make sense that a motor with mechanically adjusted valves will never need adjusting? And the more power after 10 hours has been asked over and over, and there's never been a fact-based reply.
I couldn't agree more. This has been beat to death, but has zero basis of fact.

It's completely false. BRP does have ECU's with break in periods that restrict RPM, I have a Sea-doo RXPX 260. It is restricted due to the Supercharger. It clearly spells this out in the manual. I'm sure if this was the case with the Mav it wouldn't be a secret.

Also this would be done through timing/rpm, so we would see gains in RPM after the 10 hour mark.

·
Registered
34 Posts
FYI... I just got off the phone with my local dealer, SK Northwest, and asked if I do the service does it void the warranty and he said no... I hope he is right..!

Thanks,
Vance

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
My 10hr service was $380 and thats with me removing all the plastics and skidplate.
But they did everything that was listed in the manual.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts