Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure the reason they use a 7528 bulb for tail lights it's a European bulb and not common here in the states you have to order it. I wanted to ask if any body is using the more common 1157 bulb? The 1157 uses a tad more power to run so I'm sure it runs hotter, just not sure if they used the other ones cause the 1157 may melt the socket over time or not but if anybody is using a 1157 what results are u having. Kinda dumb I would think on the part of can am I think.

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
with as much heat as the exhaust system is putting out, I doubt the bulb will make a difference....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks heavy. I understand that but I'm talking about the amount of current it will draw thru the socket itself and may get hot enough to melt that plastic socket. Maybe I'm over anylizing it but it does make sense.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ebay that part number for a LED tail light bulb. lower power draw and they last a hell of alot longer

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sweet ill look into that. Thanks guys

·
Registered
221 Posts
Ur welcome guys

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I found the bulbs at the local pep boys maybe ill order the leds and try them out when they get here but for now its fixed

·
Registered
7,381 Posts
Saw the non-LED's today at Wal-Mart for like $2.88….

1 - 11 of 11 Posts