Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has made there Mav or other SXS legal for road use? and what/ where did you have to do to do it?

·
Registered
33 Posts
My last RZR was legal. Turn signals, GLASS windshield W/Wiper and washer, Horn, Front & Rear bumpers, DOT tires. In Michigan you have to have a TR54 safety inspection by your local P.D. Then take all your receipts to
the DMV and apply for a ASSEMBLED title once you finish your DMV paperwork then you get to wait a couple months for the state to come out and apply a new VIN# to your machine then you can get your Plate.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Here in Wyoming they are licensed as MPV's. good on any road. All you need is a horn and mirror. I think you might have to have eye protection too (windshield or glasses). Pretty lax here. In the summer you see UTVs all over town.

·
Registered
97 Posts
In Indiana you just register the vehicle with the diviision of natural resources and they sent you a tag that looks like a boat tag. you are allowed to cross highways and drive on any country roads. city limits are not allowed unless the city has an ordinance in place saying it is ok. A lot of smaller towns do have these in place because it brings revenue.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I made mine street legal before I picked it up. turn signals, horn, mirrors, and illuminated license plate holder. Can ride on most streets in smaller towns.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats Awesome so many state are letting us do this!!! I know here in Oklahoma the laws have changed and these new mini Jap trks are legal to drive now, and this made the SXS legal also. I am trying to track down all the Reg's. Oklahoma has relaxed on a lot of laws now. I was talking with a couple people the other day and they were looking in to it as well. I know you can circumvent the windshield for goggles. But mirrors turn signals horn and illuminated license plate are a must. I will try to post up the Reg's on what i find for Oklahoma

·
Premium Member
8,479 Posts
in AZ we only have to add a rearview mirror and license plate light, then register it with an OHV tag with occasional on road use. After that we can drive on any road we want. I pick up my daughter from school, drive to friends houses, organize a large x-mas light tour in sxs's.....

we get crazy looks while driving though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts