Can-Am Maverick Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new to me 2015 Maverick XRS that I picked up at auction. When I went to load it onto the trailer it had a hell of a time getting going. It felt like there was a flat spot in the belt because you would give it gas and the revs would get up but it would slowly lurch. I figured maybe they washed it and got water in the clutch case but now that I have everything apart the belt is in really good shape and there wasnt any water in the case. The rollers have some surface rust on them from I'm assuming sitting outdoors in a yard.

Does anyone have any sort of guidance or experience with such an issue?

Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Premium Member
16,659 Posts
Welcome from Tucson AZ. I would recommend blowing out the clutch / secondary with compressed air. (Probably hasn't been done), and install a new belt. Report back. Cheapest place for belts is usually Rocky Mountain ATV, but not sure how that would work for Canada with shipping.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Mine does the same thing. Even after I installed brand new clutches and belt, it still does it. I suspect the loose tolerances in the driveline have a lot to do with it. It feels like a manual transmission car with a huge cam until I push the throttle a little more and it smooths out. I've learned to live with it and it doesn't bother me anymore.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I cleaned the clutches, put a new belt on it (it did have a slight flat spot) and decided to change all the oil while in that far anyways. Rear was quite dark. Front was quite a bit cleaner but I did find some metal shards..... I could be wrong but I'd imagine metal isnt supposed to be in there... I was looking for replacement fronts and from what I'm seeing its 19 hundred dollars. Would this be the cause of my issue or is this an issue all in itself?

Please see pic for reference

Attachments

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
Did those pieces come out of the rear or front diff?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pieces coming from front diff when in 2 wheel drive wouldn't cause lurking. Noise and vibrations yes.
I was gonna take it out for a minute once I got it all put back together but it was dark. As far as the front dif is concerned my guess would be it either works or it doesnt, no? As best as I understand they arent worth rebuilding

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I was gonna take it out for a minute once I got it all put back together but it was dark. As far as the front dif is concerned my guess would be it either works or it doesnt, no? As best as I understand they arent worth rebuilding
There are several upgrades you can do. You also could just get a good take off from someone that upgraded at a decedent price.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts