Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm heading to the river Memorial and I'm taking the mav instead of the golf cart. Just wanted to make sure that the helmet law does not apply in AZ. Can any of the AZ folks chime in on this? Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nope, just in CA. You can splatter you brains if you wish without government intervention in AZ. (more of a motorcycle comment, but goes the same for sxs's)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Not required...but Id highly recommend it...just say'n, glad you have the right to choose- but your a whole lot safer wearing one.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! Not doing any offroading, just something to get from place to place in the campground after launching the boat, getting ice from the store, stuff like that. Speed limit is 10mph :cool2: I don't ride offroad without a helmet. Just didnt want to have to wear a helmet in 100+ heat only going 10mph. I just figured since the mav hasn't been driven since Easter, I would take it instead of the golf cart.

·
Registered
229 Posts
If you have any kids under 18 they need a helmet. Everyone needs eye protection. Here is the actual law.

28-964. Motorcycles; all-terrain vehicles; motor driven cycles; equipment; exception; prohibition

A. An operator or passenger of a motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle or motor driven cycle who is under eighteen years of age shall wear at all times a protective helmet on the operator's or passenger's head in an appropriate manner. The protective helmet shall be safely secured while the operator or passenger is operating or riding on the motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle or motor driven cycle. An operator of a motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle or motor driven cycle shall wear at all times protective glasses, goggles or a transparent face shield of a type approved by the director unless the motorcycle, all-terrain vehicle or motor driven cycle is equipped with a protective windshield.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts