Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen the answer to this somewhere but can not fined it now.
Just installed the wiring for sports low in low gear from DZ Motorsports.

when i put in in high i get a E instead of H and the message transmission error same thing when I put it in low

When i switch on sports mode in low the E stays on and the message reads sports low.

Anyone know how to fix this so you get the S vice the E in sports mode Low or High and the error message goes away.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Do you have something being ground off the accesory ground wire that comes with the harness?

·
Registered
461 Posts
Pull the harness out of the transmission and plug it in again and push hard. Mine did the same thing. Probably a loose connection somewhere.

Mine still says N sometimes instead of H when its in sport low, but it works fine so I'm not too worried about it...

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its the new plug and play. I did not have any accessories like radio etc; so plugged into black and red wires under dash and plugged other end into transmission
The switchless has a plug for under the dash plus spare y'ed off in in case you want to us an accessory. two plugs for the transmission. one for plugging into transmission after removing orig plug. and a receiving female plug for the plug you unplugged from the transmission. There are no loose wires. just four plugs

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Yea I was talking about the black wire on the pigtail that is for accessory power. If you use the negative as a ground for something like a light it will not work right.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm rewriting this:
Installed the Sport Low switchless harness
Park I get a (P), Reverse I get a R, Neutral I get a N
When i put it in High i get a E instead of H and the message TRANSMISSION SIGNAL FAULT same thing when I put it in low
E instead of L and message. In both high and low I get the green icon sports low mode.
I have not put it back together to try it but it looks like the sports low will work in Low since the green icon comes on.
When i switch on sports mode in low the E stays on and the message reads sports low. (this was a message not the green lite)
Any ideas whats making the rest of it go bad.
Glenn (Bob) Goble

·
Registered
15 Posts
May sound weird but try starting it with the headlights on so there is a draw on the system and then shift it into gear and see if it still gives you the error code. Some of the mavericks used different transmission sensors that have a different resistance. If that is the case arcticbomb can still hook you up. I have the one with the switch and it happened to me.

·
Registered
806 Posts
I just got the one from artic bomb but have not installed yet. Anyone had any issues with his harness?

·
Registered
791 Posts
I had the original sport low harness and had the same issue that it was showing E or N in Low or High with sport low on. You will get the good throttle response of sport mode but you will find that with N showing on the display ( I am not 100% sure about E) your RPM's are limited to 7500.. I had to get DZ to send me a modified harness with different resistors in it, now it works perfect.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I had the original sport low harness and had the same issue that it was showing E or N in Low or High with sport low on. You will get the good throttle response of sport mode but you will find that with N showing on the display ( I am not 100% sure about E) your RPM's are limited to 7500.. I had to get DZ to send me a modified harness with different resistors in it, now it works perfect.
Say you had the sport low switch on and you're in high gear. Would the RPMs still be limited to 7500? What if you had the sport low switch off? Would it still be 7500 RPM max? This is the first I have heard of this...

·
Registered
15 Posts
I didn't install mine but when I switch mine into sport low it goes from L to H on my screen, also I have to have sport low and sport high switch on in low range for mine to work.. not sure what's wrong if anything.. No matter I am reading H in low regardless with the sport low switch turned on. However it does work and its F'ing bada$$!

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Talke to Rob at DZ and he said some of the first Mavericks have to have different resistors. He is sending a replacement. Great to work with. No questions. New one on the way.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Say you had the sport low switch on and you're in high gear. Would the RPMs still be limited to 7500? What if you had the sport low switch off? Would it still be 7500 RPM max? This is the first I have heard of this...

With sport low on it was showing Neutral in High or Low and was also limiting RPM to 7500 in High or Low. With sport low turned off everything worked as it should in stock form.

·
Registered
791 Posts
I didn't install mine but when I switch mine into sport low it goes from L to H on my screen, also I have to have sport low and sport high switch on in low range for mine to work.. not sure what's wrong if anything.. No matter I am reading H in low regardless with the sport low switch turned on. However it does work and its F'ing bada$$!
Sounds like yours is working 100%.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Glad to help you out! Thanks again!
Hey Rob, see my comments above. Does my harness need different resistors too?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
If i'm correct, you can not due this on the fly. sitting with sport mode on in high then use switch for sport low and shift to low. works for me every time.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Ok I'll bite....
Which is the best Sport Mode Low bypass device to get as of right now. ???

1 - 20 of 38 Posts