Can-Am Maverick Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AEED8BDC-604B-425D-B7B6-AFDDB681F047.jpeg Just thought I’d share my switch pro install. I mounted everything under my passenger seat. I used a Powertray setup which incorporates a blue sea auxiliary fuse box/panel. For those of you that have Tacoma’s and 4runners are probably familiar with the power tray. He includes everything you need.

Anyway, I retrofitted the panel and drilled four holes to mount into the car. I’m still wiring everything up but it’s bolted in and solid.

086AD1A5-507E-4FB8-88F1-D6E6265E87F8.jpeg 985D73B1-A0E9-4C74-9A31-0CCD658327DD.jpeg

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
Nice work! Tim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice work. I always like the clean look. Are you worried about any water with mounting under the seat?
Thanks! Not too worried about water. I used dielectric grease in all the connections and I only ride sand. When I wash it I’ll cover the unit to be extra safe.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
What is the fuse block for? You have accessories you don't want handled by the switchpro?

·
Premium Member
7,094 Posts
No not at all lol. It’s a temporary solution right now.

Don't listen To M.G., I have stock in a zip tie company! :smile:Tim

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
What is the fuse block for? You have accessories you don't want handled by the switchpro?
Fuse block will be used for any item I want/need ran straight from the battery such as a USB auxiliary ports or any accessory that already has a relay built into the harness for high amps. Baja designs has relays built into their harnesses for their high output lights. Makes it real easy to hook up accessories and trouble shoot if necessary

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
The switchpro acts like a relay, so keeping any relays with lights or fans just adds complexity for no good reason IMO.

As for USB and 12v outlets you want to be on with the ignition off, the switchpro can handle that too. You just have to program the button to be hot to the battery. Then you'll have undervoltage protection which will automatically shut everything down before you drain the battery in case you forget something is plugged in.

Reactions: Gotink

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 238949 Just thought I’d share my switch pro install. I mounted everything under my passenger seat. I used a Powertray setup which incorporates a blue sea auxiliary fuse box/panel. For those of you that have Tacoma’s and 4runners are probably familiar with the power tray. He includes everything you need.

Anyway, I retrofitted the panel and drilled four holes to mount into the car. I’m still wiring everything up but it’s bolted in and solid.

View attachment 238945 View attachment 238947
Very clean install and I am with you, can't ever have too many spare terminals to plug things into!

·
Registered
217 Posts
Very nice work!

I mounted mine the exact same way (SSV dash mount) I didn't bother with the distribution or lighting relays since the Switch Pro pretty much does all that. Good idea tho, certainly makes it easy to add acc to your car that you don't want /need on the Switch Pro.

I LOVE the Switch Pro. So flexible. Some of my buds run S&B's and they often forget to turn them on. (those that run them switched) I run mine through the Switch Pro, programmed to fire up when I start up the car, so I never run without it by accident, yet I can still turn it off if I want to.

Dome and whips on battery, everything else running switched. Turn everything on with one press of a button. Strobe or dim my whips etc, etc, ,,,, just love the thing!! I have one in my truck running my BD lights on it as well. Gotta love the strobe function (aka seizure mode) when someone is being a d!ck running stupid bright lights on the road.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts